Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any good tips for shore fishing both Castaic lakes?

Default Any good tips for shore fishing both Castaic lakes?

I am new to Castaic and and i am somewhat new to bass fishing. Does anyone have any good tips for shore fishing at Castaic(Lagoon and upper lake)?

I am going mostly for LMB but catching anything would be nice.

see other post tips:
    (sorry not re-writing them as the last few times the individuals didn't end up going-don't want to spin wheels here)
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...Friday-Morning

Just want to let you know gletemfeelsteelgary that your advice has not fallen on deaf ears. I am new to fishing and new to Castaic lake so I find it extremely helpful.

gary is full of *****, and eats LMB bass, wrong guy to get tips from, also he fishes castaic almost never

You best bet is to fish the upper lagoon, that's where all the big fish are. Even better if you have a boat or rent one. The lower lagoon is ok, not too many big bites, which is probably why the lower lagoon is open 24 hours and the upper one isn't.

What a bunch of crap. The lagoon is the place to try for big fish, not the upper lake, especialy from shore. Look up Butch Brown on youtube, all those fish are from the lagoon. Weather or not someone eats LMB doesn't mean their advise is any less valid. Gary lives close to the lake and fishes it a lot or at least used to.

I heard that back during the lakes baby years that alot of people would catch close to world record sized fish out of the upper lake go show a bunch of people have pictures taken and then release them into the lower lake for convience. I wasnt sure about that until one time i went to the lower lake and saw a dead fish with half of his body decayed on the shore but the amazing thing was the half that wasnt decayed came up to about my waste I dont know how long that is but im 5'101\2 so that had to be a pretty big fish. PS it was a large mouth and the half that wasnt decayed was his upper part of the body
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    You best bet is to fish the upper lagoon, that's where all the big fish are. Even better if you have a boat or rent one. The lower lagoon is ok, not too many big bites, which is probably why the lower lagoon is open 24 hours and the upper one isn't.
    ARE YOU CRAZY????

I was at the lagoon last night and my buddy rich caught his first DD bass at 10 pounds on a wacky rigged senko. I have also landed a few DD bass on the lower lake a 19.4, a 12.6 and a 10.4. The lower lake is the place to fish if you are looking for big bass!! I have also lost countless DD bass from my tube fishing the north end of the lower lake.

The upper lake was the place for the big ones back in the 90's but since the striper population took over on the upper lake the big bass have now been caught on the regular on the Lagoon.

But if you are looking for different species then the upper is your best bet. As of last year people have started to land a few small mouth as well as large mouth and of course the stripers.

The prespawn is about to pop off on the lower lake. The bite is picking up in the shallows but still picking up most fish in the deeper water. Work plastics nice and slow off points and drop offs right now and in a month or so start working the shallow spots and sandy beaches to get in on the spawn bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Btbdodgers View Post
    gary is full of *****, and eats LMB bass, wrong guy to get tips from, also he fishes castaic almost never
    Dude your lost...do you really think I eat the bass regularly, I've eaten a few in my day but I don't regularly...

I guess I never fish castaic either huh....hmmm wow...your a rocket scientist...

well buddy, since my advice isn't sufficient why don't you be a gent and help the poor feller out....

hand him some advice instead of slingin the mud...

in fact let's hear about all those top secret LMB slay methods, U know the ones U just read about in bassmaster magazine...

I know ur the bastmasta classic slaya' !

Why don't you help a brotha out ? sheesh, I was trying to help the guy....

But you do make it AWFULLY tempting to catch kill and fillet me one in YOUR NAME !
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 03-17-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast