Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: City park giant bass!

Default City park giant bass!

Went to one of the city park lakes last week to check out how the bite was. it was slow most of the time. I got 2 fish but 1 of them was a giant prespawn female. I saw her swimming around chasing bluegill in the morning and all it took was a quiet cast the right bait and presentation and she turned and inhaled it! Freaked me out. Her belly was so obese she couldnt jump. Just big splashes and her head coming out of the water. She took me for 2 really big runs then she was just dead weight with head shakes. Slowly babied her in and then i really freaked out when i got a close up of her. She was WAYYY bigger then i thought when i saw her. Lipped her as quick as i could and did a pretty loud war cry! hahaha. Had someone take a quick pick, weighed her and got her back in A.S.A.P so she could release all her eggs for more toads in the future! She must of had pounds of eggs in her she was almost exploded. And had a huge bluegill sticking out of her throat too! Beautiful fish and my pb for this lake!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TIMS-TOAD.jpg 
Views:	694 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	29003  

Strait toad dude! Good Job!

how much did she weigh? nice fish!

Quote Originally Posted by riverside_angler View Post
    how much did she weigh? nice fish!
    Sorry bro i dont wanna say the weight on here. No disrespect to you but some guys on here are geniuses and have scales in there eyes when it comes to pics. So id rather not say and have a good post with no drama,lol. U guys can guess if you want and ill let u know if ur close :) thanks for the reply man!

Quote Originally Posted by fishindude420 View Post
    Sorry bro i dont wanna say the weight on here. No disrespect to you but some guys on here are geniuses and have scales in there eyes when it comes to pics. So id rather not say and have a good post with no drama,lol. U guys can guess if you want and ill let u know if ur close :) thanks for the reply man!
    Awesome catch!!!!! If you scaled the fish you should be able to add the weight in the report, if you want. I wouldn't worry about a few jerks that think they can guess weights off of photos.

isnt the whole point to ffn is to share information, whats working, what lakes are biting? this thread should be deleted.

There hitting jerk baits and plastics and there biting at all the lakes its spring.YOU HAPPY NOW!. This isnt a lake btw its a pond with more fisherman then fish. Dont post on my thread if you dont like it go mind your own business. And ive put in plenty of useful information on my posts at the regular lakes and answered many pms helping people out and putting them on fish so you have no right to jump on me like that. People these days!Do you really have nothing better to do then to hate on people over the computer. You could be making a detailed fishing report letting people know exactly whats going on at your home lake instead of hating on me.
    Last edited by fishindude420; 03-14-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Awesome catch!!!!! If you scaled the fish you should be able to add the weight in the report, if you want. I wouldn't worry about a few jerks that think they can guess weights off of photos.
    Thanks man. Yah but still id rather not get anymore haters on my post. Already got 1! lol. she was over 7 under 11 pounds so somewhere around there thats the best i can do.lol

Nice fish Fishindude! A beautiful fish. Congrats on the catch, Photo and Release. Hopefully she produces more like her for the future generations. Regardless of the exact weight, she is an awesome fish and I would definitely say a double digit.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by radray View Post
    Nice fish Fishindude! A beautiful fish. Congrats on the catch, Photo and Release. Hopefully she produces more like her for the future generations. Regardless of the exact weight, she is an awesome fish and I would definitely say a double digit.

Raymond
    Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words. Yah she was a beauty. The best part of the whole thing was watching the fish swim away. It looked like a overgrown football with fins,lol. Hopefully she has some great babies that will grow up into monsters like her someday.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast