Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Float tube choice

Yeah Im really excited.

What do you guys do for a PFD of life vest? Do you wear it all the time when in the tube or do you just keep in in a pocket or something?

i've never use one, and never been questioned...i only care a knife, but i could assume that the insta inflatable ones would be more comfortable than the big bulky ones...if need be, you could either sit on it or drift it behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by snslarison View Post
    Yeah Im really excited.

What do you guys do for a PFD of life vest? Do you wear it all the time when in the tube or do you just keep in in a pocket or something?
    Depends. If it's cold out, I wear it cuz it helps keep you warm. Most of the time I keep it at the back of the tube and don't wear it. I have recommendations for rod holders if u need them. Also, get a float tube fish finder if you want. Another optional accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    i've never use one, and never been questioned...i only care a knife, but i could assume that the insta inflatable ones would be more comfortable than the big bulky ones...if need be, you could either sit on it or drift it behind you.
    Just cuz u haven't been questioned doesn't mean anything. It is the law and a violation not to have one. Your choice to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Depends. If it's cold out, I wear it cuz it helps keep you warm. Most of the time I keep it at the back of the tube and don't wear it. I have recommendations for rod holders if u need them. Also, get a float tube fish finder if you want. Another optional accessory.
    Cool. Do you have the inflatable type that are like $100 or just a cheapo from walmart? Im thinking of going with a cheapo for now. I'd love to hear the rod holder suggestion. Im gonna be looking into those soon too.

ohhhh ok...thanks for clarification that it is my choice....good to know...and don't act like i didnt make an attempt to help answer his question

@ snslarison- enjoy the new ride, nothing beats getting dragged around by a big fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    ohhhh ok...thanks for clarification that it is my choice....good to know...and don't act like i didnt make an attempt to help answer his question

@ snslarison- enjoy the new ride, nothing beats getting dragged around by a big fish!
    Thanks! Im looking forward to getting out there.

Quote Originally Posted by snslarison View Post
    Cool. Do you have the inflatable type that are like $100 or just a cheapo from walmart? Im thinking of going with a cheapo for now. I'd love to hear the rod holder suggestion. Im gonna be looking into those soon too.
    I have a super cheapo one. I recommend that, rather spend $$ on other stuff. Rod hOlder: $20 white river one as bass pro shops. Did a lot of research. Cheapest and works great.

Cool. I will have to pick up a couple of those.

I use a cheapo PFD I bought from Wal Mart. Think I paid $20 for it. I also have one of the inflatable ones, but I don't use it when tubing. As mentioned before, if it's cold out the bulky type PFD's help keep you warm. It is not necessary to wear it all the times, but it has to be readily accessible. In the warmer months, I either sit on mine or keep it in the back of the tube. As for the inflatable types, they are more comfortable but I heard that they MUST be worn at all times. I'm guessing because most of them now are automatic and will inflate when exposed to water for a (short) period of time. Don't ask me how I know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast