Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Float tube choice

Default Float tube choice

Ok guys for a while I've been leaning towards the Outcast Super Fat Cat, but because of the large price tag I have decided to take a look at these.

Can you guys give me some input on these?

The Classic Accessories Cumberland

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...r/wishlist.jsp

Or

The Creek Co. ODC 420

http://creekcompany.com/product.php?...cat=249&page=1

My main concern is having something that will support my 265 lbs and sits high in the water. They both seem to have good reviews on the web. Just wanted to check with you guys before I pull the trigger on one.

Thanks!

Default choice

i would buy a outcast fish cat 4 its a great tube im 320 and it does great with me and it sits out of the water

Quote Originally Posted by SRHBRO951 View Post
    i would buy a outcast fish cat 4 its a great tube im 320 and it does great with me and it sits out of the water
    You have the regular Fish Cat? Not the Super Fat Cat? Hmm the website says the weight limit for those is 250.

If you want a good tube and are looking for a good deal, ebay has a seller by the name of boatmaster_2009. He sells the ODC 420 (and other creek company tubes and toons) in no reserve auctions. I just picked another 420 up for $81. Brand new and in the orig. box (in fact he ships in orig. box). If you don't win one auction keep checking he always has them for sale.
    Here's the link to his store:
    http://shop.ebay.com/boatmaster_2009...&_trksid=p3686

Good luck

I have the ODC 420 combo (includes fins and pump) and I LOVE IT. I have also used Fish Cat 4 and it us exactly the same as my ODC 420. I sit very high in the water. I love it.

Sweet! I have to check out that eBay guy!

My choice of the ODC was after some use of other Tubes and some research...
    Wanting a "V" tube, after a few years on a "U" Tube..
    The "V" Tubes mentioned are all "almost" alike....

Two Main Bladders and Fill ports in handy location is why I chose the ODC...
    I Tube in the Ocean as well as any other body of water that may, or may not have fish in it..
    Two main bladders are Prime safety issue for me..
    The Boston Valves in the front pockets allows me to Fill of deflate while fishing.
    Made 2 short extensions that fit in the valves.. Keep them in the pockets..
    Had a slow leak one day at NPH, just put tube in and kept right on fishing for several hrs.
    Just gave the extension a few puffs when needed.....
    Thats my story, and Im stickin to it!!!!!

Thanks Nessie. After talking to you guys I'm leaning towards the ODC.

Quote Originally Posted by MiM View Post
    If you want a good tube and are looking for a good deal, ebay has a seller by the name of boatmaster_2009. He sells the ODC 420 (and other creek company tubes and toons) in no reserve auctions. I just picked another 420 up for $81. Brand new and in the orig. box (in fact he ships in orig. box). If you don't win one auction keep checking he always has them for sale.
    Here's the link to his store:
    http://shop.ebay.com/boatmaster_2009...&_trksid=p3686

Good luck
    Just got mine! I paid $96.00+$24.00 shipping. $120 for a new in box ODC 420! Im stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by snslarison View Post
    Just got mine! I paid $96.00+$24.00 shipping. $120 for a new in box ODC 420! Im stoked!
    Your gonna love it bro. Now you need fins, pump, waders, basket or stringer, net, and life vest. Optional is rod holders. Then you're on your way!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast