Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fins brand

Default Fins brand

Ok, I got my tube, my waders and my neoprene booties. Now I need some fins. I've noticed a lot of you guys using dive fins and since I cant find hot spot fins anywhere, I think Im going to go this route.

Can you guys tell me what brand dive fins you are using?

Thanks,

Scott

Hot Spots or nothing for me!!!!!!!!!

Try a PM to Fat Albert here on FNN , He is the owner/maker of Hot Spots...
    He might be able to direct you on getting a pair.
    I know some Turners Stores carry them, might call around???
    SARL tackle shop, LNL used to carry them??

Something to hold you over till you find them??
    I went through 5 sets of fins till I got the Hot Spots, never looked back. Love em!!!

before i got the force fins, i was using the us divers combo from costco...set came with a snorkel, mask, fins and travel bag...not bad for 30 bucks...i have the stockingfoot all neoprene waders...the problem that i ran into was foot cramps, having to squeeze my feet (sz 12) and the waders into such a tight space...dont get me wrong, the fins did work, but based on the amount of time i spend on my tube, i decided on the upgrade...call around to ALL the sports chalets, i got my force fins for $45 at there "managers special".

oh btw, i also had to upgrade because the back rubber strap on the dive fin eventually broke.

I just PMed Fat Albert so hopefully he can help me out.

Hotspots are nice and work very well. I

will say this though, since I got my force fins, I have not looked back. Force fins are the only way to go IMHO. If you can get them for a good price, you will not regret it. They take half the effort of other fins. I struggled to stay out in the wind with my hotspots, I can handle wind no problem with my force fins.

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with

do they still make force fins? last i heard they were out of production

The fins I use are the Avanti X3 by Mares Plana. They have excellent thrust and easy to slip on and off, but the length of these fins will give your legs one hell of a workout if you're going against a stiff wind. With a little wind though, I can stay out there all day.