Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of arguing and denigrating on FNN - not much meaningful input

Bring back Lokey and One-leg!!!

But honestly, it does seem waaaaay to easy to hurt someones feelings aournd here these days. It's a fishing forum - and fishermen joke around. If you want something different, try a Josh Brolin concert (Ooops, sorry... didn't mean to get all up in anyone's face there!)

Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    Blah blah blah blah blah.... This is the reason why all the babies dont want to post here anymore. Hasnt anyone ever heard of the saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"?

TS
    Actually, that's not correct. Words can destroy a person emotionally, doing far more harm than physical injury. This is especially true when it's done on a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    Actually, that's not correct. Words can destroy a person emotionally, doing far more harm than physical injury. This is especially true when it's done on a public forum.
    Ya especially with teenagers which is why there are alot of teenage suicides. Dont know that had to do with what you said just thot to put that out there
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Let's JUST fish already. We're supposed to help one another out.

sometimes fisherman need to sack up and grow a set...if someones offends someone here,why even pay attention to it....maybe thats what that person wants,,,,is a REACTION....just leave it alone and more times than not he wont respond any more......

dont worry everyone. its almost summer time! the water will heat up and you will get your bites! lol

a lot more views than imput on here

Quote Originally Posted by stepchild View Post
    sometimes fisherman need to sack up and grow a set...if someones offends someone here,why even pay attention to it....maybe thats what that person wants,,,,is a REACTION....just leave it alone and more times than not he wont respond any more......
    the only thing that bothers me is that arguing takes the place of the reports other than that it doesnt effect me
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

some people put up reports of the fishing adventures,some people only respond ,some of those who only respond may not get that many chances to fish,and some i think they get jealous of those who get to fish alot.i get hated on alot ,because at times i do get to fish more a man should be allowed.if its a guide were im teaching somebody or if its a personel day were i get to just be in the fresh air and enjoying mother nature, im at peace when im fishing ,all my torture is reading some of the stuff on the board,and i know sometimes i get caught up in major drama, its just real hard to sit on my hands when i read totall B/S when i now its b/s, and its hard to sit and watch a keyboard fisherman bash on folks and nobody will get in vovled.i quess when youre as old and as stupid as i am it gets harder and harder to controll youre self,,,,,,,,you nailed it pretty close dead center vortec,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,

Good grief Vortec...well written and really well put! My kind of guy and if you ever want to go pull on some fish, tell me where to be and I'll do my best to join you!

I love this website, the people that run it, and the people that post on it and have for a long time. As I've gotten more involved and have met a bunch of the faces behind the screen names, it has just reaffirmed my thinking about the quality of people that this website attracts. And I have to admit that I feel very strongly that negative attitudes remain as a severely limited minority on this website, more so than any other place on the web and for that I am truly grateful!

Thisfool...you hit the nail on the head man! In with the good...away with the bad!!!! VERY ZEN!!! And great observation on where the negativity is coming from.

I think I fall somewhere in between the "sack-up" and "let's all be rosy" crews. It's never fun to walk up to a conversation and have it go,

"Hey guys, what's up?"........."Well this idiot said that his fish weighed ___ pounds and there's no way! So this idiot said that he's been to that spot and it sucks. And then THIS IDIOT..."..........ummmm, ok, I'll just stand back here silently and watch.

That kind of stuff ends up stifling information as people don't want to be a part of it. Arguments are fun to watch from afar but sure are a pain in the neck to be involved in! On the other end, it's equally not as fun to have this all of the time...

"Hey, that's a great fish! But I'm not too fond of catching trout."..."WHAT?...*tear. you mean...*sniffle...you really don't like my fish?...*SOB OMG, I'm telling the mods!"

That stifles good information too.

In the end, what this website is really all about is directly in its web address...fishing and networking! Making buddies, sharing information and learning from what others post really can help you catch more fish!! How people are going to fish and how people are going to network is completely up to them.

So what this thread is really missing are some fishing pics....

Sorry for the nipples. 24" caught out at Dana Point from my kayak a while back. Bit a live sardine dropped to the bottom carolina rigged behind a 2 oz sliding egg sinker. 8 pound test and about a 3 foot leader. Stuck it on my 8'6" teramar and my calcutta 400b. Lost a 36"er earlier that morning at gaff. Broke my heart and damn does seeing that pic remind me that I need to go pull up some more flatties. GET OUT THERE!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast