Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of arguing and denigrating on FNN - not much meaningful input

Default Lots of arguing and denigrating on FNN - not much meaningful input

It looks like the people posting on FNN seem to be following in the footsteps of those on many other bulletin boards. I remember when I joined FNN several years ago, the comments were very cordial and meaningful. Now it seems people are only looking to find fault in what someone has posted, no matter what the subject. Granted, some posters need to put a bit more thought into what they type, but that certainly isn't the root of the problem. The problem is those who relish the thought of finding fault in others and their ideas.

This board is for the enjoyment of fishing and the sharing of ideas and experiences. It seems as if too many of us have lost that concept, and have let their comments deteriorate to the point of being just plain mean and uncaring. Reading a post of this type, I often wonder if it was written by an immature 16-year-old, trying to make an impression on those reading it, or someone who is just an a___hole. Remember, what you write and how you write it says a lot about what you are. A reader can get either a very favorable or a very poor impression of you.

Now, go out and do some fishing and tell the rest of us about it.

Vortec..........RIGHT ON !
    I see your thread was posted a couple days ago and no one else having a comment with over 130 views.
    You must have hit a nerve.
    I use this site to get info and give info....not into reading what others think of themselves or others.
    The Joy Of Fishing
    Have a great day everyone !
    TTFM

So easy to p somebody off no matter what you say. I agree that we as anglers should try to say something positive here. Lets hope fishin gets real good soon, so everyone can contribute some good dope.

I hear that let the big ones bite
    Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    so easy to p somebody off no matter what you say. I agree that we as anglers should try to say something positive here. Lets hope fishin gets real good soon, so everyone can contribute some good dope.

I heard that. Being a member here since it was the hotpage in 1998 I seen a lot here and feel what you are saying. Always best to keep it fishing and leave childs play out of it.

Ya what your saying is pure truth. I used to come here to get fishing info on where fish are biting when fish are biting and so on. Now to elaborate on to what you said im tired of all the childish stingyness on this site everybody wants information on fish caught out of certain lakes but then when someone does give the information they get mad and they all use the same excuse, either they shouldnt have said that because of poachers, or because there lake has too many people fishing it. And then arguments on morals start to break out, like during this time of year theres alot of arguing because of the people pulling bass off the bed, and catching and releasing fish and ninja fishing and calling breaking certain fishing laws immoral, not becas breaking the law is wrong, but because it disturbs the fish. When most of the arguments of immorality in fishing come from doing certain things in fishing that looked down upon or illegal that in a bunch of other states are perfectly fine to do. Like on one thread people were arguing over ninja fishing being wrong when the people arguing against it clearly have only fished in California because other states allow it. Not saying that I break fishing laws or that i dont do my part to help protect fish and there enviornment, because i do. its just, this website has changed
    Last edited by fish-o-haulic; 03-14-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

hmm very well said vortec. unfortunately when i first joined the type of post you speak of were very well dispersed around this site.

like you said you can very quickly tell a lot about a person by what they write, and well i figured this is the internet there are going to be plenty of a__hole's who just feel empowered by siting on the other side of the screen and armed with a keyboard. when i see discouraging post, or negative post i just pay no mind to it.

In the last year and mostly since the tragedy we had over the summer the large main core of good people has begun to shrink and we are seeing a lack of positive, inspiring and uplifting posts. That has left a vacuum witch unfortunately is being filled with negativity. you see it is hard for some one to bring down the spirits of a large happy group but once the group gets smaller it gets more susceptible to the negativity.

i have noticed the large majority of these negative posts have come from either newer members or form members that are very inactive on the site i.e a person who has been a member since 2006-7 and has only 100 or so posts.

in short if we want the negativity to stop we all have to be more positive and not support or encourage the unwarranted negative posts

Blah blah blah blah blah.... This is the reason why all the babies dont want to post here anymore. Hasnt anyone ever heard of the saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"?

TS

Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    Blah blah blah blah blah.... This is the reason why all the babies dont want to post here anymore. Hasnt anyone ever heard of the saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"?

TS
    if this is where all the babies post then y are you here
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Eh..its a forum, not like someone is doing that to you in real life so why bothers?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast