Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Has anyone done any surf fishing around Topanga Point or the shores near Santa Monica

Default Has anyone done any surf fishing around Topanga Point or the shores near Santa Monica

Going up to do some surf fishing tomorrow for the day with my girlfriend. I'll be coming from Canoga Park and will be taking the Old Topanga Canyon all the way strait to the beach. I'm not very familliar with the surf fishing spots around Santa Monica so if anyone knows any sweet spots for us to catch a few perch/halibut i'd really appreciate it. I was thinking Topanga Point (park in the resturant parking lot and set up down at the beach right next to the rocks) those are the only two spots i've herd people catching fish from the past few years. Last time me and my pops went there he hooked a small shark on cut anchovies but that was it. My big question is, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS EARTHQUAKE IN JAPAN AND THE "TSUNAMI WATCH" HAS AFFECTED THE BITE ON THE SURF AT ALL? If someone can fill me in on this it would be very helpful to us.

Thanks happy fishing.

yea ,some beaches (like newport) you will not be able to fish cuase they are closed, but maybe they will be open tomorow.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefofish View Post
    yea ,some beaches (like newport) you will not be able to fish cuase they are closed, but maybe they will be open tomorow.
    Call (310) 305-9503

They told me the Marina del rey launch and adjacent areas were closed when I called at 1pm ...I called 20 minutes ago and the launch is open.

I think that will be the case in most regions but the further north you go the more questionable..further south less question of closure

If they cannot tell U the info U need they can probably direct you to who can...
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 03-11-2011 at 04:59 PM.

I used to live in that area and have fished it quite often. The real pros out there are the team 57 crew.. so check out any post by wingnut... but if you are fishing that area the farther north you can go from santa monica the better. throw lucky craft baits in sardine or any baitfish looking pattern of the pointer series or the Diawa Minnows work well too. find the secluded beaches in the Malibu area paradise cove is really good. enjoy and good luck