Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: buying boat from another state without seeing it

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    There are lake boats, and there are ocean boats. Fast and light for fresh, quick and heavy for salt. Lots of pros and cons to each side. I tell everyone I have two girl friends............one i really like. If this is your first boat, go and see for yourself if she's rally what you want, on the water, with a sea trial, or lake trial. Take a mechanic along with you to check compression, engine hours, etc. Pretend you are going on a blind date........might be a ding ding ding, might be a damn damn damn.
    Wow, you mean I get to get back in the dating game again? Its been a while, and I'm sure I am rusty. I like the advice. I am leaning towards salt for the reason that I "could" catch something like your avatar!! That possibility is NOT there when fishin fresh.

I like the suggestion/comments. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldmaninsea View Post
    At least I hope it was a "Top Rated Seller"? If so, it's likely to be his livelihood and he's not likely to jeopardize that gold seal to rip you off ... notice i said "not likely" ... I only buy "bigger" items from TRSs on ebay .. course, i've never purchased anything even approaching 25K ... with all the boats for sale locally, what was it about this one that said: I'VE GOT TO HAVE THIS ONE?

Tom
    over and out
    Nothing has said "I gotta have this one" yet, thats why I'm talkin to you guys. (-; Yes I would def lean towards a TRS, and I was thinking the same thing as far as selling boats as their livelihood therefore not out to do buyers wrong.

Thanks young man

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    I wouldn't say common, but it works. We bungee cord all the extra fuel tanks together and carry a huge funnel.
    DR
    Brilliant! as long as its safe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234