Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Spots???

I don't share hot-spots anymore.. besides, 99 percent of the fun is exploring on your own, and discovering your own spots.

I stopped doing this after i found my usual haunt trashed, and an additional nasty surprise-- A ton of dead fish sitting by the rail. Then to make matters worse, a bunch of unlicensed immigrants came and assaulted a spotfin croaker school right in front of my eyes.

These punks would fish til they caught ten, hide the limit, and go back in for more...

This made me have a total breakdown.. everyone remembers that.....

Poachers will lurk in the shadows and wait til someone blurts something out, then they cover the spot like.. well.. Lice.

All that, because I decided to open my big mouth. From now on, I only reveal technical information, never a direct spot EVER again.

These poachers have ZERO respect for life, they use tiny hooks to ensure a catch, and violently rip the hook out of gut-hooked baby SBB.

If i told you it wouldnt be a secret,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I fish a few spots that are very small, but can be very productive. I remember the first time I went fishing with Wingnut, we went to one of these and had a banner day on halibut. The thing was, we were only fishing and area about 10yds wide. Places like this cannot handle the pressure of having my 1000+ internet friends knowing about them, and accordingly I will not share them with the vast majority of people. Other areas, like say Long Beach, I'll gladly give info about since there is a gigantic stretch of beach with a large volume of fish. I'll also answer ANY questions about technique, gear used, and learning to read the water.

I don't believe that giving away spots is beneficial to anybody since an individual LEARNS to become a better angler if they put in the time figuring out areas on their own. I did, and while it sucked to get skunked so often, I am now much more confident because of that. Also, as you learn, you begin to be able to pull fish out of areas that you passed over before. Basically, I'll give somebody all the tools they need to figure out how to pattern fish, but then they have to put in the time and effort on the sand to piece it all together.

Also, there are some spots that I very rarely share due to them being given to me. I'll only share them with approval from the people who gave them to me initially, and I do this because I know they do the same with the spots I have given them.

PMB, if you want a low wave saltwater fly fishing spot, try Long Beach. That stretch of coastline can frequently be lake like, and I've seen quite a few fly guys doing well out there before. Also, check out: http://onesurffly.com/
    I know they have a few surf fly fishing events coming up, and if you go you'll definitely run into a few guys who share your passion for fly fishing. I personally know nothing about fly fishing, so that's the extent of the knowledge I can share with you.

I agree with this post. I have had some bad reactions to a few of my posts. and honestly was thinking about no longer even dealing with this site because of the lack of anyone really wanting to share REAL fishing info. After thinking about it I see I was wrong to expect that. It's the persons perogitive to give or not to give up thier spots..They took the time to find them.. I myself have no problem sharing any spot unless as BSP states, it's too small to handle too much pressure. than I may just take you there myself after a few conversations. So if you want to know some secret spots pm me and we will see .

I think people should use incorrect spelling to not catch Google Search guys.
    NPH better than spelling it out. I use KH for King Harbor.
    Terminal !sland. Cher ry St. Mal!bu WSB. Tupanga, Zumma.

I used to make up names for spots. Punta de Brazil (Samba or KH Bubble)
    Coon Hole (dead racoon spot at Dominguez Channel at the Draw Bridge)
    The Cemetary (can't tell)

Enough Lurkers on FNN so why give it away on every seach engine.

i didnt mean to sound like i dont have my own coastal fishing areas,for over 50yrs.i would never ask for excact spots to wet a line,im talking about info on certain bays, or calmer,protected waters.once there ,i can figure out where to fish.at $4 a gallon for gas it gets a little pricy,to go out now days.i normally fish belmont shore line,sealbeach river channel, and the reserve.with my fly rods.now thats the kind of shareing ive ever asked for.not excact spots.sorry for jacking your thread.send me a pm if you want to meet on the coast or just some info.....mike the pmb....

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    I think people should use incorrect spelling to not catch Google Search guys.
    NPH better than spelling it out. I use KH for King Harbor.
    Terminal !sland. Cher ry St. Mal!bu WSB. Tupanga, Zumma.

I used to make up names for spots. Punta de Brazil (Samba or KH Bubble)
    Coon Hole (dead racoon spot at Dominguez Channel at the Draw Bridge)
    The Cemetary (can't tell)

Enough Lurkers on FNN so why give it away on every seach engine.

This^^^^!

You want to catch fish then get out and start pounding sand period. Talk to guys who are out fishing in the same locals as yourself and see if they will be kind enough to offer up info. Most of us that have been fishing for years have spent the time searching for fish and refining our techniques to catch different species at different times of the year. Bottom line is the internet destroys prime fishing holes worse then anything else period! Earn your fish, and stop begging. Also one more thing...If you PM someone here asking for info regarding a honey hole and get no response in return don't cry about it, they don't know you and they owe you absolutely nothing. Is this supposed to be a tight knit community? Yeah I would like to think so but that still doesn't mean that I or anyone else here owes it to anyone to give up any info pertaining to the whereabouts of fish.

You think that surf guys are bad, hard core bass anglers are more hush-hush then anyone I have ever met regarding fishing and every bit like that of a secret society.

I hope you fulfill your fishing desires in the future, but everything worth having is more appreciated when it is worked for.

I have to agree with SMOKEHOUND on this!,,,,,,,,,,,,This is an educated agreement i might add .

BEACUSE=====If i tell anyone any secret spots,,,,,,,,,,my secret will be as safe with that person as it was with me!

If we share what we cought something on,how deep,retreive speed and so on,,thats already a ton of info,,,,,,,

BUT EXACT SPOTS,,,,,,Well,,,,,,,,,,not a good idea!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,That spot will instantly be BURN,D

Sometimes thats OK,,,,,,,,,And sometimes its not.

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

To be honest, I think that you have to establish a relationship with someone before you start giving up spots. I have moved three times, and each time had establish new fishing methods for the geography. Started in Bako, and fished the area for 25 years. I don't think there is a puddle of water that I haven't thrown a line in in within 80 miles of Bako. Just takes time. When I moved to the High Desert, the duct was my backyard. After sharing countless skunk posts on here, each one was commented with suggestions and tactics. My catch status improved greatly. The more I was out there, the more I recognized what I had seen in others posts. Then I went to an FNN event hosted by Gary at Castaic, and met TB above and his friends and had a blast. Everyone was so nice, my wife and I were amazed. People shared all sorts of knowledge, and a sweet couple even gave us a small megabait jig that they were having great success on. All the PM's that I have sent out were answered within 24 hours with great help. But you just can't ask where exaclty someone is fishing, ask for a vicinity. I gave up a secret spot in Bako, and I'll name the spot, Enos lane at the west side of the Kern River. One day I'm fishing by myself, the next theres 50 people there, trash everywhere and poachers galore. And that didn't stop until the river dried up. ( you'll spend hundreds of hours hitting that spot before you get the golden hour)
    All that said; the people on this site are the best, true anglers and friends. Most photos in the posts have structures that can be searched on google earth and you can pretty much zoom in to a fence post with the imagery available now. And if you still can't locate a site you see in a post, shoot a pm and let them know how much work you have put in trying to find that spot, and they will usually give you a pretty good hint. But just because a spot is giving it up one day ,doesn't mean it will be the next. ....good luck and tight lines. Chris

HAY LIPRIPPER93561,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,remember this video,,,,,,,,,,BEST MOVIE IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!

Lets look AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,a must SEE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc8nbZlhrWE

OOOOOOOOOOYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HERE IS IS

TRAIL BLAZER
    Last edited by trail blazer; 03-12-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast