Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Spots???

Default Secret Spots???

I know a lot of guys on FNN like to keep their favorite spots closer to the vest than highly classified miliary secrets, but what the heck ... Isn't this, FNN, supposed to be a "brotherhood"? I will only say this, and it only goes for me, but I am more than happy to SHARE any exact spots where I find fish with ANYONE in FNN ... Just sayin'...

Tom
    over and out

i feel the same way. its not lik wer going to go out and poach ur spot i mean some of the lurkers mite. but ppl will be ppl

ive sent numerous ,messages to some members, who i considered successful,with no responses to my PMB private mess,and inquiries about access of spots, using my fly rods , no waves,and calmer conditions.the nature of this site was to help fellow fisherman catch ,and,release. i give up .im just going fishing,i guess, i wont be able to to get to fish the SECRET SPOTS ..god bless mike the pmb......
    Last edited by PUDD MASTER BAITER; 03-14-2011 at 01:46 PM.

i agree we are all sport fisherman on this website which in my mind means catch and relase and ethicly as possible we arent some sleezy poachers taken 7 fish from trabuco creek with our hands? i acctually sawl this happen one day while back fishn a guy who couldnt even speak english had 2 fish over 10 inches and 5 from 5 inches to 9 inches danglin from his fingers up there gills and all he could say when i ask what are you doing he said i use hands. you will only find true fisherman that will keep a spot clean and fish released on this fnn i actually pick up some trash at a new spot or in general if i see some i bring a grocery bag just to fill up and take to a trash on my way out from the stream..i think everyone on this website is dope very helpful aand a hell of a lot better then and other "social network" hahahahaha

everyone happy friday and enjoi the weekend

i can see both sides of the story. for the lurkers that just want to come and poach to the regulars that wouldnt mind passing along information. it is definately a touchy subject.

i for one, do not mind so much to show people what i know and where i go. ive even used some of oldmaninsea's intel at times. (big THANKS btw!)

maybe its just that some guys dont want to share info on the fishes that can NOT be had regularly and easily. BSP's YFC's and what not are SUPER FUN to catch and they are in abundance. WSB's halibut corbina, those fish, a bit more difficult to find and are not in abundance. those fish, you have to know where to go and have good luck. would the person that knows a lot of this info want to get that spot burned out? probably not. i dont blame them though. at that point, it is up to me to find my own honey holes and probably only share that info with certain individuals also. if i met some of you guys and i knew you werent poachers, im sure we wouldnt have much of a problem. but it is sharing that kind of info to anybody that can lurk on this website and take all the nice tasty fishes that probably bums a lot of people out.

so maybe, as a web forum, we could meet up and share info, stories and catch some fish together and find some honey holes of our own :)

it isnt always about catching a fish to take it home. its also about having a good time and helping the ocean thrive

Trust me, if youre fishing on a boat GL getting some one to tell you where their spots are. WSB spots are rare and people don't like to share. If you want to fish on the ocean and have your own boat pay a charter boat see where they take you and then follow it. I found a few nice rockfish, halibuts spots but never WSB.

Hey Guys and Gals,
    Thank You to everyone that has ever gave me some info in regards to a "SPOT"...

I have never asked anyone for their spot nor will I ever.
    Part of the fishing experience for me is going out and finding the "Honey Hole".
    I have only been surf fishing for 2 years but knew this much coming into it, "If you don't go, you'll never catch a fish".
    I have learned, on my own, that structure changes after every winter.
    I have learned that certain fish come closer to shore after certain weather conditions.
    I have learned that certain fish like some bait better than others.
    I have learned that walking 10 miles a day looking for fish helps keep me in shape.
    Etc, Etc, Etc..........

There have been many posts in regards to how to locate structure, checking sites for conditions, google earth, how to rig your gear. Your on the computer, maximize its capabilities. If you do not find what you are looking for, then by all means, ask me, if need be. I may not have the answer but I will help you to find it...

Now in regards to poaching, has anyone ever looked to see who is on this site at any given time? Why do you think there are always more non registered than registered? People do come to this site, and many others, to find the spots so they can take some fish home. I have no problem with it and in these times it's hard to come by a cheap meal. I have taken 2 fish home in the last 2 years. But the rest I let go so my kids can go fishing from the surf in 20, 30 or 50 years from now. With the closures who knows what to expect in the future?!

I personnaly love fishing with people and have asked many people to PM me when they are hitting the surf or when I go hit the surf I PM them. I have met people while on the beach fishing or getting a bite to eat at some resteraunt. I just like learning and sharing what I enjoy as one of my favorite past times.

My point, go out and learn by doing and not just by reading, the rewards are greater..

God Bless Evryone,
    Robert
    <><

BTW, there are no secret spots, the beach is open to everyone who wants to explore it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmaninsea View Post
    I know a lot of guys on FNN like to keep their favorite spots closer to the vest than highly classified miliary secrets, but what the heck ... Isn't this, FNN, supposed to be a "brotherhood"? I will only say this, and it only goes for me, but I am more than happy to SHARE any exact spots where I find fish with ANYONE in FNN ... Just sayin'...

Tom
    over and out
    Hey Tom,
    I will be up in Bolsa tomorrow morning, before I hit the Fred Hall Show.
    If you would like to share the sand, PM me.
    Robert
    <><

, i hope to hookup, with other coastal, guys, on this site,using my darkside flyfishing methods, and fish some differant locations. peace out ,and god bless........ mike the pmb.....
    Last edited by PUDD MASTER BAITER; 03-14-2011 at 01:39 PM.

I feel the same way i used to follow Allcoast people where reel helpfull even during salmon fishing the more the better, then everyone got tite liped, even blotting out the back ground of spots, the last big white seabass bite out of MDR people cooperated this all has changed.
    I relly like this site and people are frendly. I live in Bakersfield and fish Isabella now when I can but my Mother is ill and have not been able to go since the last big crappy bite.
    I enjoy thr reports and keeping upwith the news

Tracker16

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast