Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Phenix

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    Wow! One comment about SPAM and you go off.... We never said anything about him. Just calm down.... But if that was your last comment, where you copied and replied to five different threads, so be it.... Adios!
    Yeah man im confused lol!!!!
    [IMG]http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/DrewbaitWHITE-1.jpg[/IMG]

Default Tackle shops and I

We are professional fishermen and we dont need to step on any tackle shop or other wrappers toes. please gentlemen stop the complaining and enjoy the fishing wether you have a twenty dollar rod or a six hundred dollar rod. I am not perfect and I respect every rod builder available. This site is for experiences not rude remarks.

Well finally made it down to Phenix yesterday and they stood by their product. Glad to see and now I have another rod to get out with. The reel seat is different on the newer model, apparatnely the nice stainless one with the phenix logo I had on my other one is not friendly to reels other than shimano so they changed it up to a burl wood fuji reel seat. It is a bit lighter and fishes just as well.........

Good to hear Trout Daddy!
    I just bought an elixir verry happy with it!
    And a Classic MBX. Good to know they stand behind there product!

Default Phenix

I had an old Phenix that I purchased a few years ago. I was fishing with a friend who told me about their upgrade program. I went down there and took my old TR-1 Boron rod. The guys there were really cool and helped me select another one. I bought a MBX spinning rod. It's a great rod and they really make a good product (the wood burl ir pretty cool BTW).
    If you have a older Phenix that will qualify for the program I would recommend you try the upgrade program out.

Quote Originally Posted by WormFisher View Post
    I bought a MBX spinning rod. It's a great rod and they really make a good product (the wood burl ir pretty cool BTW).
    If you have a older Phenix that will qualify for the program I would recommend you try the upgrade program out.
    Hmm....weren't you selling that older Phenix at a killer price?

So that means somebody could've bought an MBX for the price you were giving that Phenix for?

Awesome...u should've gotten a casting rod and then sold it to someone, like you know, me?

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser001 View Post
    Loomis will not charge you if the rod is a defect in craftsmanship or it happens to break under fishing conditions. Send it in for warranty and your done. The $100 charge is the Xpeditor service. That is not the actual warranty and that is why there's a charge. It's a service. If the rod gets broken outside of warranty parameters then you have the Xpeditor option. They way your not stuck.

You are correct about the nicks. Graphites are gentle and it doesn't take much. Most of the time these nicks are not visible to the eye and will snap at some point. However, it this case there seems to be a pattern.
    This isn't true..

G-Loomis charges $60.00 for a replacement rod if you bring it back broken on anything up to a GLX or $100.00 for the NRX but you have to bring in your card that you get when you buy one new and you only get one replacement. I repeat if you break a rod while fishing with it you're going to pay the $60.00 or $100.00 dollar fee period.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    ... repeat if you break a rod while fishing with it you're going to pay the $60.00 or $100.00 dollar fee period.
    Hmm...their website states:

"For Damage determined to have occurred due to defect, GLoomis will, at the company's discretion, either repair or replace the product at no charge."

http://www.gloomis.com/publish/conte...l/support.html

DarkShadow

Originally Posted by WormFisher

I bought a MBX spinning rod. It's a great rod and they really make a good product (the wood burl ir pretty cool BTW).
    Hmm....weren't you selling that older Phenix at a killer price?

So that means somebody could've bought an MBX for the price you were giving that Phenix for?

Awesome...u should've gotten a casting rod and then sold it to someone, like you know, me?

Yeah it was a good deal. I paid $175.00 for the Boron when I bought it at least 10 years ago. I paid $135.00 for the MBX.

The casting MBX rods are sweet. If I had another Phenix I would get one. It's to good of a deal to pass up on a quality rod and a good way to get an updated rod.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234