Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phenix

Quote Originally Posted by the killa fish taco View Post
    how do you think i felt when i broke my iron feather... OUCH!!!!
    That sucks, those feel like nice rods.
    My two favorite trout rods combined cost less than $100. I have owned a 5' 6" Ugly Stick Light for over 25 years and fish it every time I go out. Biggest trout to-date it 12.7, and it has an 8.0 channel cat to tis credit, along with I-can't-remember-how-many 5-plus pound trout. The other is a Daiwa Spinmatic I bought at Culver's in Bishop. $45 for the Daiwa, $30 for the Ugly Stick.

do you guys think it might be your fishing technique? im not dogging on you guys at all, in all honestly, im wondering if it might be technique that is snapping the rods. are you guys high-sticking?

i have an ultra-mbx 6-14lb that i am worrying about breaking from high-sticking myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tomah View Post
    do you guys think it might be your fishing technique? im not dogging on you guys at all, in all honestly, im wondering if it might be technique that is snapping the rods. are you guys high-sticking?
    Dont think its the technique. Well i hope its not... It is proven that EVERYONE is breaking the Iron Feathers at the same spots. As for the Elixer this is rare...

oh ok cool. i was just wondering. trying to make sure nobody is swinging like Mike Iaconelli with those iron feather rods lol

could be they were busy with the Hall show is why they're dogging you. Even Loomis has a 50 or 100 dollar replacement cost. And, it's soooooooo easy to nick a rod in transport that you don't notice, and have this happen. Especially with the small diameter blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    could be they were busy with the Hall show is why they're dogging you. Even Loomis has a 50 or 100 dollar replacement cost. And, it's soooooooo easy to nick a rod in transport that you don't notice, and have this happen. Especially with the small diameter blanks.
    who is this too?

A couple of my buddies snapped their elixir as well. What I heard a while back probably a year ago, is that the phenix blanks are coming from China, so if this is true, that could be one of the reason why the rods are snapping.

China = Quantity over quality.

I fish with a UL Rapala 2-6lb 7ft rod and do well with it. I paid $20 for the rod

Phenix makes some of the best rods around (saltwater and freshwater) in my opinion.

Sounds like a quality of manufacturing issue to me. I bought a 7'6" Mirage that isn't any longer than my 7 foot GLooms ... unless you count the extra length in the butt handle ... which actually gets in the way for me. Kinda feels like misrepresentation to me on the length. Should have stayed with the GLoom ... but their new rod wasn't out yet.

Best of luck to y'all

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast