Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phenix

Default Phenix

Impressed with the performance not so impressed with the durability. 200 dollar rods shouldnt snap at the guides with a big fish on the line Guess off to the warehouse for a warranty replacement......

I am on just about the same page as you... But more of an issue with quality control. I got an elixir as a gift from my aunt that lives in indiana who knows nothing about fishing(she saw it in my favorites on my computer and decided to buy it for me, awesome right?) and when I finally had a chance to look at it, the top 3 guides are wrapped in a way that has them about 1/16th inch offset from the rest. I don't have the receipt for it since my aunt was only here for vacation, so I couldn't take it back to the shop she got it from. Phenix reluctantly said they would exchange it when i first contacted them last week, but setting up a time to go in is becoming a hassle. Everytime I talk to someone down there they give me a day to call and come in, but when i call they give me another day. Sorry for the rant in your thread, just needed to get that off my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Daddy View Post
    Impressed with the performance not so impressed with the durability. 200 dollar rods shouldnt snap at the guides with a big fish on the line Guess off to the warehouse for a warranty replacement......
    Which guides did it snap on?

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Daddy View Post
    Which model do you have?

3rd one down from the top, elixir 7'6" split grip

I just broke an 8ft Elixer at the same spot last week... Right in between the 3rd and 4th guide. Went to the Fred Hall Show with it and they switched it out on the spot for $50...

I'm sure they will make things right with you.

Now to find the time and money to get it replaced.......

Yeah, the extra money part kinda sucks to replace it.

Charging someone $50 to fix a quality problem is NOT making things right with you. I have two Phenix rods that broke, one of them on the first fish. A third, an Elixir and admitedly a fish-killer, has a hook holder that is set at a 90 degree angle to spline, causing the line to catch on it and jerk the bait off the hook on about 40% of the casts. Given the fact that the rod itself has not broken I consider myself lucky and do not want to exchange the rod for a different one.
    You would think (hope) that the quality of these things would be commensurate with their price, and that the manufacturer woudl back that up further with a no-charge replacement ESPECIALLY considering the high number of complaints people apparently have with them.

how do you think i felt when i broke my iron feather... OUCH!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast