Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North American Fishing Club is a SCAM!!!!!!!

I almost fell for this scam. First they tell you the membership is only a dollar something a month or whatever, then they send you an invoice for like $30 for 2 years, you can't pay month to month like they lead you to believe. I got my 5 free hooks which weren't very good, and I just sent back their third bill with CANCEL in big red letters. "cancel anytime and get a full refund", so I canceled before I sent them any $$ thank god! Any time you get some fat envelope with some cheap free stickers and "exclusive membership benefits" promised to you, it should go immediately into the incinerator.

same thing happened to me field tester what a joke I can't stand there membership or there show too bad
    theres no such thang as a gaint toilet to flush them down it. sending books to you and having to go to trouble
    of sending them back ripoff

Once in a while I'll get a brochure to sign up. Don't recall if I signed up for a year or not. If I did it didn't relate to west coast fishing. Your first impression are the hooks they send you. Not even quality or stuff sold in tackle stores. Your other clue is North America. Southern CA lakes don't have walleye and northern pike like they catch on the tv show. So technically their magazine won't do me any good.

I've subscribed to Bassmaster Magazine for over 10 years now. They will mail you a yearly planner and pros pointer book. The trick is not to open the cardboard package. The package has an envelope (glued to top) with instructions and a return to sender label. If you choose not to take or buy the books you can mail it back at no charge. You can only wonder how much money they spend mailing these items out? And then paying again for return to sender. At least Bassmaster does it the honest way. I've had zero billing issues with them.
    Last edited by BigBass777; 03-14-2011 at 11:24 PM.

They reeled me in too! They sent me a pack of hooks and swivels as a "free" gift. They've sent me a sew on patch, a sticker and a keychain also. Then they sent the bass book . A magazine came after. Then the bills started comin. "you owe this much for the subscription"...(huh??) "Dont forget about the gifts we sent for becoming a memeber (patch, sticker and keychain)...(wha???)

Yeah, it reminds me when I got dup'ed by Columbia House.

BAM, i get a Michael Jackson Thriller CD for a penny in the mail and the next thing I know, I gotta buy 15 CDs in the next year at $20 bucks a pop.

:-(

wait its the same people of the show north american fisherman but i love there knot wars segment guess i have to stop waching now
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

I've been a lifetime trophy member for two years and I disagree totaly with the scam part. I get the magazine as promised and all club benefits. (free gas!!!) If you don't want to receive the books call and tell them. Also the return postage is paid by the club.
    I got a free Minn Kota trolling motor from the testers program. A bunch ad free rods, reels, tackle, line extra....
    For me the club is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gator (the real one) View Post
    I've been a lifetime trophy member for two years and I disagree totaly with the scam part. I get the magazine as promised and all club benefits. (free gas!!!) If you don't want to receive the books call and tell them. Also the return postage is paid by the club.
    I got a free Minn Kota trolling motor from the testers program. A bunch ad free rods, reels, tackle, line extra....
    You gotta be joking! One post and you expect anybody to believe you when there are multiple negative testimony's from long time FNN members? Posts said they returned books and they are still being harrassed.

Lifetime trophy member huh, I am truly impressed.

Can't stand scams!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gator (the real one) View Post
    this makes it more scamish to me hahahahaha there show sucks ( other then knot wars) and i always assumed there membership would too but didnt realize it was a sceam to make penny's off anglers!

Lifetime trophy member bahahahahaha so priceless!!

My MaMa always said, "If it sounds too good to be true....."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast