Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North American Fishing Club is a SCAM!!!!!!!

1. Default North American Fishing Club is a SCAM!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd pass this along.

I joined this under theguise of being a "product tester" First they sent me five poor quality fishhooks as a gift. I was underwhelmed. Then they send me a book and the letter says I have to either BUY IT or return it. When I called the operator said it was sent as a free preview. What it comes down to is that the consumer has to either buy the thing or go through the trouble of returning it. It's a racket.

It was a very nice book, but not something I wanted to buy. Had the company/ "club" been forthcoming about this practice I wouldn't be mad, but they weren't, & I'd read the fine print.

Further research showed that the North American Fishing Club has been billing people for unsolicited services/products/memberships for years, and then sending these "debts" to collection agencies, tainting the credit of consumers. I found a complaint from a guy that doesn't even fish!

So, buyer beware. Just thought I'd share this.

THANK YOU, good to know!

Good think I never joined, I actually thought about it at one point.

Thanks for the heads up!

Been there, done there, still have some books to "buy".

But that free sticker looks great on my truck!!

You mean now I have to buy a bunch of stuff?!?

yup they got me two.

the sent my my free " gift " and then when i wasnt able to pay for a subscription i started getting letters saying that i owe them for the free gift and all the issues of magazines i got ( i never got one magazine)

I joined and put my son's nam e on the membership. A few weeks later he was eligible to win 1 million dollars and he's ten. They will solicit the heck out of you and the testing gear is crap. Just watch the TV show for free.

They also promise "semi private" fishing spots.....
    1. there not really private
    2. the good one that are.....you CANT get a spot

Exactly like the hunt club with a similar name

I got snookered also. I got the same offer & then came the books! the first one at $12.95 was not bad, general knowledge but maybe useful so I took it. The 2nd one then went up to $27.95 so I returned it. They are still haunting me about payiinng for that book. I have the return reciept so like heck if I am going to pay for it.

That will be the last thing I buy from them. I have also got 2 packahges opf 5 hooks & a pack of 3 swivels. Wow! What a deal! Live & learn I guess. Just the rest of you becareful & learn from our mistakes.

Keep a tight line & I will learn on my own how to fish.

yea 15 yrs ago,i got hoodwinked into this driving iron, that owned the world record drive ,with an iron. i ordered it.satisfaction gaurented ,or just return it ,if it didnt improve your golf game by 10 strokes.no questions asked.no charge.trying to return it was a nightmare.when they sent an extra one ,with a higher degree rating(2 iron),and was free, even if i returned the orginal 1 iron.they told me they were going to make sure my credit rating would be affected if i didnt pay for the other one.at that point you dont want to know my answer.never did i ever fall for these fishing or golfing gimmicks.like the old saying if it sounds to good...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast