Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Found the Stripers...got them to play/chew for a bit!

Default Found the Stripers...got them to play/chew for a bit!

So decided to run some of my new newly acquired gear, from Fishermens Hardware in LB AND at Last Chance Bait & Tackle.

Got to the lake in the early am-was speaking to Ray, Jesse, Sean, Josh..& few of the regs...then got to setup the boat/gear and headed off to some spots that were doing good earlier in the week for me. I talked/saw some of the local shorefishermen, and noticed them throwing their swimbaits in anticipation of the fatties following the trout schools...After a bit i headed out...Its been awhile since ive posted up a report, since i've been getting lmbs moreso than the Stripers, but i knew given time and effort..things would pan out-

I did some new runs as i headed over to one of the spots...not long after with the new gear, my rod gets slammed! I knew instantly it was one of "those" jailbirds...fought for a bit and brought er up...ended up being my 1st striper on my new boat!! Saw some bigger marks but couldnt get them to stick.

I continued onward and found some of the schools that i was looking for...saw some all marks mixed with the usuals, so i knew it was on...just had to present the goods right.

I ended up fishing for a few hours only-sore elbow, and landed a total of 5 striper schoolies between 4-7lbs on my Rapala digi scale. Was a good feeling to get them landed on my new rig! livewell works grrrRReeeat! hahaha

Fish Count

5 Stripers 4-7lbs

Lures

Rapala's, Whitt Plug, BBZ, some goodies from Fishermens Hardware, LB.

striper species popp'n the seed on my new boat! haha

a few more testing my livewell..nice to see them thriving/plump

few more...my livewell pump works great, stripers eager to play with me this day lol

fun couple hours on the water..temp rod holder on rail

Til nextime-
    FISH ON!

kewly

To Kewly- Thanks for the report. The DV marina boys are always great about passing on some info on what's happening on the water. Your Crestliner shot is really a great shot. See you at Fred Hall.............
    Barry

Great bunch at the marina staff for sure. Good job, Kewlwhip.

You have the stripers locked in Kewly....always catching em!
    Great job when a lot of people are struggling.

Brent

I'm going this saturday, I have a fishing buddy that invited me and he has a boat. It will be the first time there for both of us.
    Will try to get on those strypers. Got to love those strypers. Will hit up the marina to ask where to go. I have talked to Jessie before and he is a wealth of information.
    I can't afford those high dollar swimbaits, BBZ, Z-plugs. I will try to get them to bite with Berkley powerbait swimbaits and Storm wild eye swimbaits.

Any help with a fellow angler, PM me.
    Mike

Way to slay Keeeeeeew-laaaaaaaaay!!!

TS

Congrat on the first jailbird on the new rig. Looking forward for more reports in the near future...WTG.
    thx, james

Breaking in the new boat , WAY TO GO Kewly . Those are some good looking fish , perfect size . // db

Quote Originally Posted by TrouTracker View Post
    To Kewly- Thanks for the report. The DV marina boys are always great about passing on some info on what's happening on the water. Your Crestliner shot is really a great shot. See you at Fred Hall.............
    Barry
    Thanks, it was a good day,and Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Great bunch at the marina staff for sure. Good job, Kewlwhip.
    thanks-

Quote Originally Posted by Hog Caller View Post
    You have the stripers locked in Kewly....always catching em!
    Great job when a lot of people are struggling.

Brent
    Hey HC, trying to get them locked again this year...THIS time with my own boat, and MORE coming...!

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLER-IN-TRAINING View Post
    I'm going this saturday, I have a fishing buddy that invited me and he has a boat. It will be the first time there for both of us.
    Will try to get on those strypers. Got to love those strypers. Will hit up the marina to ask where to go. I have talked to Jessie before and he is a wealth of information.
    I can't afford those high dollar swimbaits, BBZ, Z-plugs. I will try to get them to bite with Berkley powerbait swimbaits and Storm wild eye swimbaits.

Any help with a fellow angler, PM me.
    Mike
    Stripers...Fish for em, and fish for em hard! Good luck- pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    Way to slay Keeeeeeew-laaaaaaaaay!!!

TS
    hah, thanks TS!

Quote Originally Posted by huukup12 View Post
    Congrat on the first jailbird on the new rig. Looking forward for more reports in the near future...WTG.
    thx, james
    More to come- thanks james

Quote Originally Posted by diamondbear View Post
    Breaking in the new boat , WAY TO GO Kewly . Those are some good looking fish , perfect size . // db
    Hey DB- its fun breaking in the new boat in between the "catching" fun lol- Each Striper had 4 to 5 thick filets to fry up! cya

Sweet, stripeys in the coola! Way to kick arse out there Kewly..Like your Crestliner too-has to be comfy

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast