Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 70 pound blue Lower Otay

Quote Originally Posted by scca View Post
    That's good Preston's training and fishing spots continue to pay off for you. Nice job landing that PIG. I might show you mine one day !! See you at the river !!
    Thats Bluehunter training. Something you never known or accomplished that well. Preston showed me nothing at Otay. BTW I talked to him recently. And you forget I been doing this since 1998. Preston and I met in 2003. Good luck on your water and no you will not see me at the river. I will be at the canals and imperial valley. Peace and good luck with your second place organization.

Sorry everyone for the interference but SCCA is always on the hate. Take them for what they are.

Thanks again everyone for the positive remarks.

WHATA HAWG !

damn Saweeeeet !

Congrats ....

Yeee-haw !

One to remember for a long time : )
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    WHATA HAWG !

damn Saweeeeet !

Congrats ....

Yeee-haw !

One to remember for a long time : )
    Gary

Thanks Gary I appreciate it.

B

Quote Originally Posted by bluehunter View Post
    Thanks Gary I appreciate it.

B

Man, I tell U, I gotta a lot of love for that lake, I used to fish it often as a teen for Largemouth but haven’t been back there for years…

Kinda miss it…those were some good times..

I noticed they now stock trout there which they never did back in the day which does spark my interest for those big bucketmouths..

One of these days I need to make a return trip and relive the old days : )

I never fished for the kitties there back then but I always knew there were some big leviathans there !

Again I gott a tip my fishin’ hat to you…that’s a world class catch.

Way ta roll : )

I bet U still think of that fish when your going to sleep at night : )

I know I would : )

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    Man, I tell U, I gotta a lot of love for that lake, I used to fish it often as a teen for Largemouth but haven’t been back there for years…

Kinda miss it…those were some good times..

I noticed they now stock trout there which they never did back in the day which does spark my interest for those big bucketmouths..

One of these days I need to make a return trip and relive the old days : )

I never fished for the kitties there back then but I always knew there were some big leviathans there !

Again I gott a tip my fishin’ hat to you…that’s a world class catch.

Way ta roll : )

I bet U still think of that fish when your going to sleep at night : )

I know I would : )

Gary
    Thanks. Lower Otay is a good lake for the monster blues the few that they have left in there. I love San Vicente as well which is where I got my biggest at 81 and some in the 30, 40 , and 50 pound range there at San Vicente. At Otay I have two seventy plus pounders and is working on increasing that resume as I continue to fish it. At Irvine I have several 30's, and 40's and one 50 from my earlier years at bluehunter in the late 90's on to now. Blue chasing is what I do and love hence the name bluehunter. As far as thinking about that fish - I am always thinking about big blue cats -lol. I dream about them all the time which keeps me on the hunt for that record catch to be had.

I will be producing a seminar very soon about the art of chasing blues and introduction to Southern california blues real soon. Stay tune for the instructional lesson and video you will like it. To be done in a few weeks or so whenever I get the free time to sit down and play on the computer for hrs at a time : )

Thanks. Lower Otay is a good lake for the monster blues the few that they have left in there. I love San Vicente as well which is where I got my biggest at 81 and some in the 30, 40 , and 50 pound range there at San Vicente. At Otay I have two seventy plus pounders and is working on increasing that resume as I continue to fish it. At Irvine I have several 30's, and 40's and one 50 from my earlier years at bluehunter in the late 90's on to now. Blue chasing is what I do and love hence the name bluehunter. As far as thinking about that fish - I am always thinking about big blue cats -lol. I dream about them all the time which keeps me on the hunt for that record catch to be had.

I will be producing a seminar very soon about the art of chasing blues and introduction to Southern california blues real soon. Stay tune for the instructional lesson and video you will like it. To be done in a few weeks or so whenever I get the free time to sit down and play on the computer for hrs at a time : )
    Sweet, very nice !

I am also currently writing a book on Striper and Largemouth fishing, who knows, maybe your video could be mentioned on the inside of the back cover, still a little ways off but have 3 publishers interested at this time..

Sweet, I’ll keep my eyes peeled for it : )

Gary

That is one healthy looking fish. Congrats. Your students are very lucky to have a teacher that is living life to the fullest.

Way to tame that beast! Congrats man, your vids are cool too. I look fwd on hitting DV for some blues again. In your opinion, do you think DV has the brutes in it like San V and Otay(50+)? Again congrats Bluehunter.

looking forward to a lesson in big blue cats

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast