Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 70 pound blue Lower Otay

Default 70 pound blue Lower Otay

I been skunked 3 times in a roll at Otay so I figured what the heck, give it another shot since it was a beautiful day to be had and I had lots of papers to grade. No better way of grading papers than to soak some mackerel at the same time. One of the best ways to get work done IMO. I went solo on this run as everyone else was busy. Son is into girls and other friends was enjoying all else that L.A has to offer. Me? I just went fishing.

I arrived late my storagefor my boat card would not work. So I had to wait until 6am to get boat. I was eager to hit the water but figured if I get on water by 9am I would be good since the solar read stated that 930am thru 1130 would be the best bite. Boy were they right.

I got on the water at 9am. Ventured around to see where I would sit. Sat at an area about 21 feet with some snags underneath. Tossed out rod. Started to get stuff together in boat so I could chill and sit down with my work and all of a sudden I get slamed 10 minutes after I tossed bait. I fought it for about 7 minutes and landed a 70.3 pound blue. It ventured between 70.3 and 70.5 but the pic I took had 70.3 on it so I am going with that. The dock went with 70.5 the highest reading.

I took fish in. Weighed it. Took pics. And released it.

I figured the day would be a good day and it happened. Its been a little while for me since I got a lunker blue about a year and a half. No other runs the rest of day just that one hit and blue and that was it.

Water temp at 62 degrees which is where we wanted it to be for the blues to start running. The following weeks thru April should be good at Otay and i will hit it hard before I switch to flatheads from then thru summer.

Took a few pics. Could not do video because I was by myself. Sucks but at least i got some pics. LOL

That Blue surely is a beauty!
    Way to go!

man weigh to go.Wish teamtrolltoon was there. We have been next to you may times when you have caught the big boys,Thanx brian for the report.Glad you put the time in the water ,youdeserve it.

Thanks fellas.

Yea trolly yall been there thru some of the big catches in the past. It was nice getting another one to boot by showing persistance and patience which is the number one factor in blue chasing. Thanks for the props and see ya soon on the water. Lets get one at the Vine this coming season.

AWESOME catch Brian, congrats!

TD

Brian,

I've been working on the house all day and thought I'd check to see if there was anything new on the boards. When I saw your post I couldn't be happier for you. You deserve that fish!
    Persistence and patience paid off for you in a big way.

Congratulations!

VERY NICE CAT , Even better that you let it go to live on . // db

DAMN BRIAN THATS ONE HUGE CATFISH,,,,,,,,,,,,I CAN SEE YOU SITTIN THERE GRADEING THE PAPERS THEN THE REEL STARTS SCREAMING,,,,,,,DISPITE THE SKUNK YOU STUCK TO IT, THATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GREAT FISHERMAN AND EVERYDAY FISHERMAN,MAJOR PROPS BLUEHUNTER,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,

That is a Beast congrats

Great Report and pic... That is one nice Blue... Congrats

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast