Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How does fishing bother anyone!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Watch out for those old ladys... and let me tell ya cause I'am married to one..J/K.
    That 's a good one. Too funny. When they 're good, they are good. But when they're bad, WATCH OUT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bayfishingjunkie View Post
    almost forgot > I cant believe the response time for fishing in the park. we were there 15 minutes tops and the police were there. I'm guessing it took them less than ten minutes to get the call and respond. Yet when I called them not too long ago about our next door nieghbors house being broken into it took two hours for them to show... and yes wacky rig, if they would have just said excuse me but there is no fishing allowed here I would have reassured them I am not doing any harm and then politely left as I have done many times before. I just hate to think that this officer might have just come up on a new shimano ceanan reel a new abu-garcia ORRA an all-star spinnerbait rod and another rod not to mention the lucky craft lures on both set-ups... I sure as hell would not report it when I got back to the station.
    So you have been caught multiple times, you think they may have just gotten tired of giving you a warning and you not listening? Now the cops that have let you go multiple times in the past (by the sound of your comments) are now bad guys that are going to sell your equipment and you are upset with them also and not just the elderly ladies.

I really don't have a problem with you guys fishing wherever you can, but you should just take your medicine and chalk it up to a lesson learned, not complain about it and blame everybody else.

Nice equipment, gee I guess you should have followed my advise huh?

People make waves for themselves. If you know that fishing is not permitted, why would you continue to fish there? You mentioned that the fish shouldn't be there if people don't want them fished out. Well the logic in that statement fails miserably. Is it ok to steal your car from your driveway because the window had a crack in it or because you left the keys in the door or the ignition? Now here is a car that is prime and ready to steal, shouldn't someone steal it? I would then have to tell you that you shouldn't park your car in front of your house if you don't want it stolen from you.. according to your logic.

You mentioned that you routinely hide the rods from the law enforcement in order to avoid persecution. If I was to torture your favorite pet or person behind your back and then only momentarily stop because I notice that your coming, would that make it ok to torture them because I am able to hide them from you before you could notice or catch me?
    Last edited by DEADROOTS; 03-05-2011 at 09:16 AM.

4. Default

I can tell most of you have never fished outside of California. Here's the deal-bayfish knew the consequences and the risks involved. He's not whining about that. Rather, it's the sad state of California fishing.
    When I moved here, I was shocked at the restrictive nature of the fishing/no fishing regulations here. I've lived in the Pacific Northwest and in the Midwest, where you can literally fish just about anywhere. If there is a city park with water in it, you can fish it. Random reservoirs out in the mountains? Totally open to fishing, no razor wire fences and rabid enforcement like the stupid ones out here. I don't understand the hate on fishing and public access that seems rampant in California, it pisses me off to no end and I think bayfish is ranting about that as well.

As for fishing "ruining a pond", thats bull. Sounds like something one of those old ladies would say to justify calling the police on you. Sure, lures and line get leftover, but ruining a pond? That's a stretch. Fishing is one of the most innocuous activities you and I can engage in at city parks and it's a shame to see it so demonized by the general public.

California has some awesome fishing opportunities, but its far too limited for the large population found here.My fishing buddies in other states haven't even heard of ninja fishing. Why? I know it's a shocker, but in other parts of the country you can actually fish at night and very few bodies of water are off limits, unlike so many out here.

So, in answer to your question, bayfish, fishing really shouldn't bother anyone. It's uptight, uneducated people (both anglers and nonanglers, as the responses here indicate) that can't wrap their brains around that.

Oh, and comparing stashing your fishing poles to torturing someone's animal, let alone a person? Lolwut? Really? I'm glad to see how you view fishing. Here, this website may suit you better than FNN: http://features.peta.org/PETASeaKittens/

How does fishing bother anyone? As for me, fishing bothers me when I don't catch anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DEADROOTS View Post
    People make waves for themselves. If you know that fishing is not permitted, why would you continue to fish there? You mentioned that the fish shouldn't be there if people don't want them fished out. Well the logic in that statement fails miserably. Is it ok to steal your car from your driveway because the window had a crack in it or because you left the keys in the door or the ignition? Now here is a car that is prime and ready to steal, shouldn't someone steal it? I would then have to tell you that you shouldn't park your car in front of your house if you don't want it stolen from you.. according to your logic.

You mentioned that you routinely hide the rods from the law enforcement in order to avoid persecution. If I was to torture your favorite pet or person behind your back and then only momentarily stop because I notice that your coming, would that make it ok to torture them because I am able to hide them from you before you could notice or catch me?
    Wow..and you said the OP b!tch..you just did the same thing he did
    and you don't compare stealing cars to fishing at a spot where you're not supposed to. That analogy is just complete horid o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    So, If you were indeed fishing at a park lake that has NO FISHING signs your lucky you did not get a ticket . And if you knew it was NO FISHING then you really don't have a right to complain about what happened . Good for the Sheriff for taking your set ups if that be the case . Consider it a lesson learned and move on in life . NEXT
    I love when the "Lake Patrol" comes out in TM65 again

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    I love when the "Lake Patrol" comes out in TM65 again

TD

Only you Troutdoggie .

never had a cop just up and snatch all my gear. That's crazy. Did he ticket you? Or did he just walk right up and take it without a word?

Sounds like someone dislikes law enforcement. Shame it happened to you but what are you gonna do. C'est la vie

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast