Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How does fishing bother anyone!!!!!

Actually, the bass & carp in this pond, if I'm correct about it being Red Hill Park, weren't put there by the city, county, or state. It was probably just some kid who wanted to catch fish there some day. To control the mosquitoes, there are mosquito fish in there.

And as far as sticking around after you saw the cops show up ,that's just plain dumb. If they don't actually see you fishing, there isn't a thing they can do, other than advise you there is no fishing. You didn't really handle the situation in the smartest way. In fact, you and the old ladies (law breakers calling the police on law breakers) just might make it on America's Dumbest Criminals. No offense, but that's what this scenario reminds me of.

Again its not about getting in trouble. its about the call. Back in the day I would have just kept on fishing and acted like I did not know. But If you live in San berdo county you are well aware of the reputation thier sheriffs have. They just love to F%ck with you as much as they can. and its cheaper to replace that rod than pay the tix and deal with court. Im not looking for sympathy at all. I just don't understand why some people find it necessary to call the police over trivial crap like fishing. there are much worse things a person could be doing. Now if I were netting the lake and taking the fish home ..than by all means shoot me for it. And regardless of how much gear I do have everyone of my rods are like children to me.. I still have the first rod my father gave me decades ago

Quote Originally Posted by bayfishingjunkie View Post
    Again its not about getting in trouble. its about the call. Back in the day I would have just kept on fishing and acted like I did not know. But If you live in San berdo county you are well aware of the reputation thier sheriffs have. They just love to F%ck with you as much as they can. and its cheaper to replace that rod than pay the tix and deal with court. Im not looking for sympathy at all. I just don't understand why some people find it necessary to call the police over trivial crap like fishing. there are much worse things a person could be doing. Now if I were netting the lake and taking the fish home ..than by all means shoot me for it. And regardless of how much gear I do have everyone of my rods are like children to me.. I still have the first rod my father gave me decades ago
    Your first post made it seem like you were B****ing about getting in trouble. Anyways, yeah we live in a world of hypocrites.

I have to agree you should be glad you did not get a ticket.However So cal fishing scene is a lot different than other places everyone gets really uptight about fishing where your not supposed while in other places you can fish just about anywhere.Also thanks lady's for wasting my tax dollars when you probably could have just asked if they knew there was no fishing there and told them they should stop or leave.

Let me know the next time you go, and I'll be your lookout. :-) I would also have been unhappy about such a trivial thing, and really am surprised the cops responded. Either those two old ladies had clout or the cops had nothing better to do. As stated before, people will complain about anything they can. I still think they should have been ripped for feeding the ducks.

I hate old ladies sometime..they're so old and stale o.o

almost forgot > I cant believe the response time for fishing in the park. we were there 15 minutes tops and the police were there. I'm guessing it took them less than ten minutes to get the call and respond. Yet when I called them not too long ago about our next door nieghbors house being broken into it took two hours for them to show... and yes wacky rig, if they would have just said excuse me but there is no fishing allowed here I would have reassured them I am not doing any harm and then politely left as I have done many times before. I just hate to think that this officer might have just come up on a new shimano ceanan reel a new abu-garcia ORRA an all-star spinnerbait rod and another rod not to mention the lucky craft lures on both set-ups... I sure as hell would not report it when I got back to the station.

Watch out for those old ladys... and let me tell ya cause I'am married to one..J/K.

file a lost property report and get them back :D
    -bb

Check craigs list.....cops might be selling your stuff and you can buy it back LOL

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast