Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How does fishing bother anyone!!!!!

Default How does fishing bother anyone!!!!!

I have to vent a little being that I had a rod and reel set up confiscated by the San Bernardino Sheriff Dept. Now I am fully aware that there are certain places that you are not supposed to fish..( Then they should not have fish there then is my opinion) And I know the risks for fishing them. at least I thought I did. Well yesterday a buddy and I are fishing at a local park where a little lake there holds a nice population of bass to 5 pounds. So we are there maybe 10 minutes ,we usually fish there for a half hour. Well most of the people that are there day in and day out are really nice people. just walking and enjoying the park. Many time they strike up conversations with me while Im fishing. Well this time I notice three old ladies watching us fishing, and one of them is on her cell. About 5 minutes later we see the sheriff pull up and the old lady walks to him points us out(we had hidden our rods near by at this time.) and the sheriff procedes to walk straight to our rods and walks away with them. does not say a word to us nothing. But its clear he knew they were ours. I ask you honestly why do people waste the polices time by calling them on people fishing??? who are we hurting? we don't keep any fish its bullsh&t if you ask me. One thing we did notice a little too late was the fact that the ladies were feeding the ducks,(which is also prohibbited there as well.) so everyday now I will return to the spot and wait for those ladies to feed the ducks and I will call the cops on them. !!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by bayfishingjunkie View Post
    I have to vent a little being that I had a rod and reel set up confiscated by the San Bernardino Sheriff Dept. Now I am fully aware that there are certain places that you are not supposed to fish..( Then they should not have fish there then is my opinion) And I know the risks for fishing them. at least I thought I did. Well yesterday a buddy and I are fishing at a local park where a little lake there holds a nice population of bass to 5 pounds. So we are there maybe 10 minutes ,we usually fish there for a half hour. Well most of the people that are there day in and day out are really nice people. just walking and enjoying the park. Many time they strike up conversations with me while Im fishing. Well this time I notice three old ladies watching us fishing, and one of them is on her cell. About 5 minutes later we see the sheriff pull up and the old lady walks to him points us out(we had hidden our rods near by at this time.) and the sheriff procedes to walk straight to our rods and walks away with them. does not say a word to us nothing. But its clear he knew they were ours. I ask you honestly why do people waste the polices time by calling them on people fishing??? who are we hurting? we don't keep any fish its bullsh&t if you ask me. One thing we did notice a little too late was the fact that the ladies were feeding the ducks,(which is also prohibbited there as well.) so everyday now I will return to the spot and wait for those ladies to feed the ducks and I will call the cops on them. !!!!!~
    If there aren't any signs saying no fishing then that is complete and utter BS.

Well, I see you got yourself into a pickle so to speak. So , you were fishing were it's posted no fishing ? Why did you hide your fishing rods ? Why did the Sheriff not come over and talk to you and just take your fishing rods ? That don't make any sence to me. Something is not right in your story here .

Which park were u fishing????

Agree with troutman, there's something fishy about this story. If you weren't doing anything wrong, why hide the rods?????

By hiding your rods, you just showed/let the sheriff know that you were probably doing something you shouldn't been doing.

I would think you are lucky you didn't get a ticket to top it off, that is if it's a no fishing lake. You know the rules obviously, you probably also knew the potential outcome (hiding the rods). Chalk it up to the risks of doing something you shouldn't be doing, hope you guys weren't using quality equipment, if so from now on bring your crappy backup stuff with you.

let me amend my last reply after reading the post. If you knew there was no fishing there and took the risk by fishing there then this is what can happen. I do agree it seems like a waste of time for the cops but they are doing their job as well.

It sounds like you were fishing Red Hill Park. If so, then there are signs that state "No Fishing".

So, If you were indeed fishing at a park lake that has NO FISHING signs your lucky you did not get a ticket . And if you knew it was NO FISHING then you really don't have a right to complain about what happened . Good for the Sheriff for taking your set ups if that be the case . Consider it a lesson learned and move on in life . NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Well, I see you got yourself into a pickle so to speak. So , you were fishing were it's posted no fishing ? Why did you hide your fishing rods ? Why did the Sheriff not come over and talk to you and just take your fishing rods ? That don't make any sence to me. Something is not right in your story here .
    no he said he new the risk of fishing there. so to me he is implying that it was a no fishing lake and that is why they hid there rod's

i dont think he is so upset about losing his gear as much as the old laides rating him out.

ya bayfish it is bs but thats how people are brotha in those old ladies eyes you and your friend were some young punks trying to kill the fish in there beloved lil pond to them at that moment you were the scum of the earth and they might have been mad that the cops dint arrest you. Maybe if they had watched you catch one then let it go they might not have called the cops on you but im sure they well had nothing ells better to do and had made up there mind about you as soon as the seen you.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast