Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How does fishing bother anyone!!!!!

So it sounds like the pond you were fishing in was a no fishing pond and well you knew the risks. As for the old ladies maybe you should call the sheriffs and report them for feeding the ducks (lol). Fishing can potentially trash a pond, e.g. loosing lures to structure. And feeding ducks bread can potentially kill the ducks from all the oil that's in the bread. Still, I feel for you man I honestly hate people who also do something that is prohibited and not get their *** busted for it, but they feel that it's okay to report others who fish, as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    It sounds like you were fishing Red Hill Park. If so, then there are signs that state "No Fishing".
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Unfortunately, the saying, 'One bad apple ruins the bunch," rings true.

How does fishing bother anyone?

Here you go:

So, in the future, if you're out on shore, bring a plastic bag and start collecting trash some other fisherman leave behind. Maybe then people won't be so quick to call the cops if they see that some fisherman are helping with the problem, instead of contributing to it. Then again, if you're not allowed to fish there, you have to be ok with the consequences that come with it. Apparently some Sheriff's kid got a new rod and reel.

(And of course, I know that nobody here trashes the areas they fish. ;-) )

As I said in my post I was fishing in a place that fishing is not allowed. The rods were hidden because we see cops roll through every now and then and they usually drive by look around and leave. This was the first time someone actually "called" the police.

Quote Originally Posted by bayfishingjunkie View Post
    As I said in my post I was fishing in a place that fishing is not allowed.
    Sooooo....why are you venting?

The fact you hide the rods means your actions are premeditated and you know you shouldn't be fishing there.

Im sure that contributed in your gear getting confiscated. You just essentially tossed the smoking gun in the bushes. I'm sure cops don't appreciate the fact you're trying to trick them.

If you would've had them on your person, and claimed ignorance (even though signs are posted apparently, according to others), the cop may have just warned you. But, the simple fact you went out of your way to hide them? Definitely not scoring points with Johnny Law.

also I do know how fishing can ruin a body of water.thats why I fish there with spectra so I don't lose line or lures. My hooks are also barbless when I fish there. And yes it's not the fact that the sheriff did his job, I can handle that. and lesson never learned because I have probably gotten at least 6 or more fishing in no fishing zone tickets in my lifetime and will gladly pay them if the spot is good enough. It's the people that have nothing better to do than call police to be the hero for some people trying to fish for a few minutes. They sure did not call them on the lunatic skaters that were causing a rukus there even though skating is not allowed. Or the fact the very people that called the cops were breaking the rules by feeding the ducks. The same thing happened to me in Alamitos bay when I got into a hot bass bite and another old man called the cops on me there too. So I went out and bought a float tube the next day and fished the same area that I was kicked out of before only now its ok because I am floating instead of walking. I guess I got spoiled when I visited my brother in Minnasota where you don't pay to get into lakes ..you just fish. All I want is to enjoy my passion I have a sickness It's called Fishing and I do it daily. anywhere anytime. take my rod I have 60 more where that came from.

Quote Originally Posted by bayfishingjunkie View Post
    It's the people that have nothing better to do than call police to be the hero for some people trying to fish for a few minutes. They sure did not call them on the lunatic skaters that were causing a rukus there even though skating is not allowed. Or the fact the very people that called the cops were breaking the rules by feeding the ducks.
    Maybe it was a rival fisherman with the same passion and sickness called 'fishing' who needed the spot cleared before their assault, which explains why they only call the cops on fisherman and not on skaters or duck feeders?

And if you have 60 rods, why where you hiding that one in the first place? Obviously you care enough to stash it, right?

It is unfortunate that you and your buddy had to be the highlight of the day for those two old ladies, but until they spotted you, the most excitement they had up to that point was illegally feeding the ducks. I understand that you weren't harming the fish or the pond, and it's unfortunate the odds caught up with you. If it were me there fishing, I certainly wouldn't have ditched my gear in the bushes. I would have explained things to the deputy sheriff, and then politely pointed out that the two busy-bodies were illegally feeding the ducks. It would have been interesting to see how that situation would have played out.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    I would have explained things to the deputy sheriff, and then politely pointed out that the two busy-bodies were illegally feeding the ducks. It would have been interesting to see how that situation would have played out.
    If i were the old ladies, I would've stashed the bread so the Sheriff couldn't find it, and then claim that if they didn't want the ducks to be fed, why would they put them there.

Don't be a child bro... You did something illegal and got off light. Be thankful that you didn't get a big fat ticket on top of losing your gear.
    The reason fish are in bodies of water that you can't fish is that it is CA law. Any body of water bigger than a certain acreage is required to have fish in to so that it doesn't become a hole full of west nile virus. Mosquitos carry the virus fish eat the mosquitos.
    Don't whine if you did something you KNEW was illegal and got caught. Ninja fishing is all good with me as long as the people breaking the law don't b**** when they get caught breaking the law.
    Grow up and be smart... You won't be getting a whole lot of sympathy around here as most of us fish by the rules..

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast