Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Inflatable Navy SARL Homecoming Event and Tournament!…LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!

Default Big Fish Tackle coming through...IN A BIG WAY!

snslarison...I replied to your PM. Don't worry my man, we've got you covered! Check your inbox and give me a ring.

***PRIZE UPDATE!!!***

So I just got everything from event sponsor Big Fish Tackle and to quote the stocking videos..."Holy Heck, HOLY HECK!"

AND THAT'S JUST FROM ONE SPONSOR!!! Just an insane pile of goodies that includes a bunch of different rods, duffle bags, fishing bags, surf fishing videos, etc. etc. etc.. Too cool. A huge thanks to the guys at Big Fish Tackle for coming through in a Big way!!!

More prize pictures to come this evening. And in the meanwhile we received an added bonus today....A NEW SPONSOR FOR THE EVENT WAS JUST ADDED!...Hot Rods Custom Fishing Rods!!!! These guys heard about the event, sat down at the wrapper and immediately went to work without us knowing! Then they contacted one of our partners and go, "Do you want us to put 'Inflatable Navy' somewhere on a custom rod we are giving you guys for the event?" YES!!!!! Just awesome to see people so willing to support this stuff and excited to do so. A big thanks to Hot Rods and WELCOME ABOARD!

So keep checking in and I'll upload a few more pictures tonight....

Oh what the heck, ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD!!! THANK YOU HOT SPOT FINS!!! BEST FINS IN THE BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Im in. Hopefully I'll be able to win a pair of those HotSpot fins!

Quote Originally Posted by snslarison View Post
    Thanks, Im in. Hopefully I'll be able to win a pair of those HotSpot fins!
    No Problem Scott. Glad I could help. Really glad that you'll be able to make it out and even better that you'll be doin' it from a tube!!! I'm rootin' for ya on the hot spots!

The rods are in transport but I was able to obtain some cell phone pics to show you guys. I personally own (and paid full price for) these exact same models of Phenix rods and I really REALLY love them. Really exciting to have top quality gear to give to you guys! Enjoy!!

And Mark Kaihara from Hot Rods nailed it! I can't wait to see the full rod shots of this one. Stoked to have a custom "Inflatable Navy Event" rod!!!! It'll be a tough one to give away!

Oh man this is all too cool!!!

***ROD DETAILS!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!***

Alright guys, I got my hands on some great pics of the rods that we are giving away. Besides showing how shaweeet these rigs are, the pics will also give you the specs on these things. Again, a HUGE thanks to our sponsors for making this happen. And I want to be sure to also give a HUGE thanks to Doug Beard for the insane amount of running around he's been doing for the event. For those that don't know Doug, YOU WILL! He'll be the guy out there on the red Fish Cat 4 deluxe hootin' and hollerin', puttin' the wood to every fish in his vicinity. Doug, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! We are incredibly lucky to have your help with all of this. Couldn't have done any of it without ya!

***AND ANOTHER SPONSOR UPDATE!!!***

Fishing Legends, the guys who make those killer hook removers you see many of us using, have donated a bunch of their hook removers, t-shirts and stickers to the event!! These hook removers are killer and are one of the "secrets of the trade" that many of us have kept tucked away for a long time. If you've never seen these things, they are made of smooth delrin and have a really small diameter so that they fit really easily into a fish's mouth. You simply slide it down your line, give it a *pop*, and out comes the hook! Fast and super easy. They also include a clip so that you can clip it to your pocket, waders, etc.. I don't know of many guys that I see out there all of the time that do not have one of these in their arsenal. Here's their website...http://www.fishinglegend.net/...where you'll find a video of how the product works. Really cool stuff! A BIG thanks to Kerry at Fishing Legends!!!! The guy is a Legend in his own right!!!

T-shirt examples...

Thanks again guys and keep an eye out for MORE prize pics, TROPHY PICS (yup, we got trophies!!!!), and a WEATHER UPDATE!!!! Things are looking great for Santa Ana this weekend!!! Can you tell I'm excited??? I think the print is wore off of the 1/! key on my keyboard. Oh well, I know where it is...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron,

We will be dropping off bottles of Bite On Garlic tomorrow (Thursday) at the lake for some raffle prizes. See you on Saturday.

Right on Aaron. Thanks man. People will be stoked on that!

Doesn't the little prize pile below look delicious???? If the Outcast Prowler turns up missing, I blame Kirkboat. The kicker with this is that this is NOT your standard Prowler!! This is the first one that I've seen in this "format". But that's a surprise that will have to wait for the event...Turns out my little yellow super fat cat may not be the only uniquely colored inflatable vessel on the water Oh, and there is a beautiful Fish Cat 4 deluxe, a great set of breathable waders and rugged wader boots sitting there in the picture too...minor details! Bass Pro Shops supplied the waders and boots so a BIG thanks to those guys. Santa Ana River Lakes supplied the float tubes so an ENORMOUS thanks to them. The people that end up with these things are going to be stoked!!!

"More" you ask?

OK!!!!

Maybe you're not a tuber...maybe you're more like these guys...

Well, the lake's STILL got ya covered!

That's $600 worth of boat rentals that the lakes are giving away in the free raffle that comes with your standard gate entry! In fact, EVERYTHING in this particular post is being given away in the FREE RAFFLE!

***FOR THOSE WONDERING HOW THE RAFFLE WILL WORK***

I've had a lot of questions about the raffle and thought I'd do my best to: a) let you know that entry into the raffle really is included in your standard gate pass (no extra fee)!!! b) let you know exactly how that will work.

When you show up at the lake you receive a gate sticker that shows that you have paid to get in. On each and every sticker there is a unique serial number. That serial number is indeed your raffle ticket number!!! SEE, EASY AS PIE! Show up that day, pay your entry, *BAM* you're in the raffle!!!

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to get to 'em!!

AND THEY JUST KEEP COMING!!!

These just came in the mail from the amazing crew over there at Davey's Locker.

I couldn't even begin to count the number of amazing days I've had on the Freelance. Tossing iron at boiling yellowtail at the island. Sliding up on big barracuda boils. I even remember one time, we were moving on a steady clip on our way out to the 'shoe...middle of summer and a really warm one to boot. Engines shut down, Captain gets on the horn..."BAIT BAIT BAIT, CHUM LINE!" Huh? A few seconds later everyone has a bait in the water and the captain gets back on the horn, "Guys, call me crazy but I'm almost positive I just saw 2 dorado go under the boat!" He finishes that sentence and 2 guys (that were not me) go BENDO!!! Both fish landed, Captain was elated...said it was the first time he'd EVER seen that happen in that area. Since then DoDos have been caught in that neck of the woods but to be there for a first really is something I'll never forget. Really cool stuff!!! A BIG THANKS TO DAVEY'S LOCKER FOR COMING ON BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we can talk them into letting us bring our tubes out to the island! Ok, I doubt that but seriously, could you imagine having a WSB to you through the kelp on a float tube?! Yeehaw!!!
    Last edited by sapdawg11; 03-16-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Aaron,

GOOD STUFF!! Just to confirm...The raffle/prize part is included with your lake entry fee, but the cash payout portion is only available to those who pay the extra $25...Correct?

Hi Jeff,

Yup, you got it! EVERYONE is entered into the raffle and can participate in the other events (e.g. the float tube race, the intro to float tubing seminar, etc.) just by paying their gate fee. Entry into the optional jackpot is $25 and that includes a) the inflatable navy t-shirt ($15 value), b) a catered taco lunch ($10 value), and c) entry into the jackpot where we are going to be giving away the big cash and prizes through 3rd place in BOTH the float tuber and non-float tuber divisions! Additionally, we picked up some special trophies for the optional jackpot tournament for ultimate bragging rights for the 2 first place winners in the optional jackpot tournament!!

On the fishinglakes.com website under the tournament announcement, there is a schedule for the day, tourny rules, etc.. It would be a good idea to go through that as there are rules about tie breakers, special event times, weigh-in times, etc., that you'll want to know!!

Great question! Hope I answered it! Thanks!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast