Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody want to split a rental or see if TO is free and split a charter Friday?

old school photoshop right there.

Thanks for all the comments, guys, and sorry for the late report. Ended up with limits of nice sized reds; missed JP by this (---) much with a 5-6 pound vermilion, top 5 fish were all 4+ pounds, filled out the limit with 2-3 pounders. Best size I've seen in a while. Fished the backside of Santa Cruz, 250-300 feet deep. One guy hooked a close to 20 pound ling that he had to throw back because the season on them is closed until 4/1...

Beats trollIng for stripers.... Good job, aint nothing taste better than reds taco's well maybe halibut tacos

Quote Originally Posted by SDDave View Post
    Beats trollIng for stripers.... Good job, aint nothing taste better than reds taco's well maybe halibut tacos
    That sure depends on the size of the stripers one catches..

one must note: Striper ceviche fresh from the lake...with fresh hand squeezed lemon juice and fresh avacodo, cillantro, onions, cherry tomato, green bell pepper, tarter..small corn tostada shells

damn...I'm getting hungry

Can't be beat !

Ohh
    And lets not forget the same taco with a beer battered striper fry but with the soft corn tortillas
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 03-08-2011 at 03:09 PM.

^ You suck!!! *stomach grumbles*

trolling for striped carp LOL, trolling period is boring, is that even considered fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatKidCASH View Post
    ^ You suck!!! *stomach grumbles*

Not just to tempt the tastebuds !

But…

Ahhhh yes….step by step instructionals for those cooking challenged individuals : )
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...d-Striped-Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Btbdodgers View Post
    trolling for striped carp LOL, trolling period is boring, is that even considered fishing?
    U might reconsider, it has it's time and place and for the individual who overlooks it's possibilities ..possibly overlooks some of the most sucessfull days they'll ever have..

So be it to those who do not wish to catch trophy feesh ! especially when certain conditions are present when other methods are not anywhere near as effective....

The wise angler who knows the time and place trolls when given the right conditions

I'd say stick to catchin them dank LMB if you choose to and no one will force a trolling pole in your hand just the same but make sure you are giving sound advice to those who have not yet experienced the power of the troll.

I'm sure we'll hear the same sort of angle when the live shad bite re-immerges !

Or maybe we'll see the baitn come out then...who really cares...it's about catching fish....sporting fish...fish that put up a fight and are great tablefare...

Trolling considered fishing ?

I don't care what U call it or consider it for that matter, ive had some of my more memorable days slaying multiple Double digit fish trolling...and when I say multiple, I don't only mean mutiple catches in the day...I mean multiple double digit fish on the line at ONCE..

So....call it whatever U like.....I call it good fun...

I'd take that over dropping down hundreds of feet and bringing up dead weight anyday...but we're not even comparing rockfishing to stripers anymore...are we ?
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 03-08-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Touche' Gary

Is trolling even fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,What a question,,,,,,,,,,,,,no doubt that YOU havnt had the oppertunity to fish that way much,,,,,,,,actually its one of the most trickyest ways to catch fish that i know of,,,,,,,,Tons of varryables,,,and im a lure chucking seek and destroy kind of fisherman/ with trolling only being added to my arsenal in the last 3 yrs<THANKS TO T/O i might add!

ANDDDDDDD,,,,,,,,,,It is the most productive way to find fish and stay on them so that when other ways of catching them surfaces<<BOIL<-------<<<<<<< Your already there on them

ANDDDDDDD,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,

Well,,,,,i guess everybody is intitled to there own oppinion BDODGERS,,,,LOL,,,,So you just stay on those GREEN CARP and leave the JAILBIRDS for us ZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ LOVERS!

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast