Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody want to split a rental or see if TO is free and split a charter Friday?

Default Anybody want to split a rental or see if TO is free and split a charter Friday?

Title says it all. Work has been super stressful, and I scheduled Friday off to fish stripers. I'm thinking Castaic, either a boat rental (I have a fishin buddy fishfinder we can use), or we can see if TO is free and we can hire him for the day, in which case I'd want to leave it up to his experience to see if Castaic or Pyramid would work better.
    Anyone up for it? I'm in Canoga Park and would be willing to drive if you're close!
    thanks,
    Johnny
    626 674 3021

My suggestion is to go with T/O but let him choose any lake and any fish.

Thanks for the heads up; I would have asked him what he thought was better.
    Gave up and just booked a trip on a saltwater open party trip out of Cisco's. I guess it will be orange skinned fish instead of striped!

way better than fishing for striped carp, good choice!!

Striped carp,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,really,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you havent tussled with a big enough striped carp then,,,,,,,,,,,,,its better than bouncing rigs off the bottom all day, been there done that,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Btbdodgers View Post
    ??????

Them rock-dingers are no fun at all…all reeling no fight..pretty boring experience..ta say the least

Basically just harvesting : (

May as well just go to the fiash market and purchase 20lbs and go home…same amount of thrill : (

I guess if it’s JUST the “eating” experience that one desires then a 600’ plus deep, 15 minute crank would be the way to go.

I might add that if one doesn’t catch many big freshwater feesh, one will never know the true thrill cuz there’s nothing like them for challenge and battle..

And yes I am referring to Stripers AND Largemouth..

Can’t say I’d agree about the striped carp thing but to each there own…I guess..

I’d say go out and lay out some big stripers and catch them regularly …then make that assessment

Them stripey are a tasty treat as well…

Everyone surely has there own tastes in the fishing experience, just seems odd that you would classify such a worthy gamefish into the carp class…

Ohh well, I guess my rant is over…

Back on original topic: Pyramid would be a better option than Castaic right now for anyone else considering the possibilities

I guess if this goes into the carp class..

Maybe I should move to Europe and fish the carp circuit..

Ohhh sweet carp bliss : )

Thanks for the comments, guys! TO, you're right in that I haven't tangled with any big stripers in the last couple of years; just the cookie cutter 2-3 pounders at Castaic.
    I'm going on the Sea Jay, so should be fishing shallower, in the 120-200 foot range. Bringing my Curado 300's and TE 300's, so planning to fish them light and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Btbdodgers View Post

WHATTTTTTTT!!!!
    LOL

CATTLE boats over STRIPERS????????????????

DODGERS SUCK!

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Heres a BIGOLE Carp for ya poododger,

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION