Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing

Default Fishing

Anybody thing LNL would be good for an afternoon bight today?

it mite be.

Lnl always has a good afternoon bite all though it is Sunday and they stock on tuesdays. But hey they put a lot of fish in that little lake. I was there thurs and did real good on the chart/shad powerworm splitshotted. Easy limits and then some, from a boat right out by 3 pipes!

The bite might.. be good lol

Yeah I went anyway and I got two short bites and no fish. It was slow all over the lake I think I may only go on weekdays.

I didn't fish, but I walked the lake today. Weekdays are obviously better but you can catch fish on the weekends. It was slow today because of the "murky" water from the continuous rain, Friday Evening. There has to be a lot of fish left over since hardly anyone was there on Sat. Give the lake a week and I am sure the bite will be "on" again.

in my experience, LNL bites have been best for me at :

1. 630 am - 830 am
    2. 1200 pm - 1-130 pm
    3. 330 pm - 430 pm

Make sure you use PLENTY of scent on whatever you fish, especially after the rains....if the water is dirty, dont be afraid to use a VERY short leader there. I have used as little as a 6 inch leader an LNL and got bit....dirtier the water (not "dirty" but murky, like after the rains i mean), the shorter the leader....when water is dirty, you will still generally have about 6-12 inch of clearer water on bottom...