Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: bishop early trout opener next weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default bishop early trout opener next weekend

I always head up for the general season trout opener the last saturday in april but am considering going up for the early season stream opener next saturday. Is anybody else on the board going and does anybody have any recommendations on where to fish. I will have my 4 and 5 yr old sons with me so it has to be somewhere accessible to them? Also, any recommendations on a hotel in Bishop would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Last edited by chappy23us; 02-27-2011 at 04:08 PM.

The waters around Bishop, Pleasant Valley reservoir and the Owens River are open year-round. The early opener refers to the waters south from Independence Creek west of the 395, including Independence Creek. I usually fish Independence, George and Lone Pine Creeks. Diaz Lake is open all year, too. The sand traps on Lone Pine and George Creeks are usually pretty good. I have had limited success at Diaz Lake. That water is just so murky. Have fun and good luck. If you want to stay in Lone Pine, the Best Western Frontier motel is very good. Bishop has numerous motels, with a wide range of prices (check Orbitz or Expedia). None really bad. Take your pick. It's just that some are a little nicer than others.

Default trout

cottonwood creek is quite and almost always good for browns and rainbows,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,