Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02-25-2011 Cold weather but Deep water bite is hot

Default 02-25-2011 Cold weather but Deep water bite is hot

Went fishing this morning. I got a late start not knowing what mother nature had planned for today. After sitting home reading threads on FNN I decided to go fishing. Launched the boat at 8:37 AM. Todays forecast cold, cloudy overcast skies with 10-15 mile winds. Started off throwing the swimbait but no love today. Saw some bass busting on shad so I knew they were on the chew. Seemed like the perfect day for fishing and it turned out to be just that. Since I didn't get my kicker fish on the swimbait I decided to bust out old trusty "Drop Shot". The bass are still holding tight on deep structure, humps and points. I caught several LMB in 50-70 ft of water. The LMB are slamming the bait but they dont want to exert themselves. Once you find the fish slooooooooow down and let them tell you how they want it. I fished for about 4 hours. I got rained on and it was cold but when you are catching fish nothing else seems to matter. Don't think I'm going to fish the ABA Tournament tomorrow due to the weather. It's supposed to be extremely cold and rain with 20-30 mile per hour winds. Enjoy the pics until next time........Tight Lines......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0116.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	28742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0121.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	28741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0118.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	28740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0115.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	28739  
    Last edited by FrazeIb1; 02-25-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Great job in finding them deep and catching them. Way to tough it out despite the rain and the cold. Thanks for the report.

good job dude. the bite is great right now. you should fish the tournament tomorrow. someone else will be runnin off with your money man!!!!! haha.

Great report thanks for the photos I might be able to make it out there on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    good job dude. the bite is great right now. you should fish the tournament tomorrow. someone else will be runnin off with your money man!!!!! haha.
    Yeah Matt I know......but with the predicted high winds on top of the cold and rain, I think I will pass.......There are 4 more ABA Tournaments after this one. I will try and fish all the remaining tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT. Kirk View Post
    Great report thanks for the photos I might be able to make it out there on Sunday.

Thanks CPT. I will be out there Sunday weather permitting....................There is a NBW Tournament but I'm only fishing the ABA Tourneys this year.........

rain or shine im sick in the head im not even in any and guess what im fishing why cause it like good you know or bad even when it smells you hit it right lol same thing lol bringing my rain coat

Man, can anybody figure out the last post? PLEASE go back-to-basics and use some caps and punctuation so we can read your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Man, can anybody figure out the last post? PLEASE go back-to-basics and use some caps and punctuation so we can read your posts.
    that's california's great education system at work, stay in school, and fish on the weekend's... lol..... no wonder california's is one of the worst rated education systems in the u.s.

he just didnt put periods where he should have. its all good guys. i understood it fine. maybe its just fish talk? haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast