Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL help!

Default DVL help!

Alright since todays my b-day a friend wanted to take me out to DVL for the first time on sunday hopin to hook me up with a monster striper or my first largemouth. I got a question for all you DVL fishermen! What are the best lures/baits for stripers at DVL. Were plannin on leaving early early early morning as in leave at 4-5, get there 6-7 if it doesnt snow or rain hard. We will be fishin shore unless we hear some good reports on the lake then we might rent a boat for the day. Great help, thanks alot!

100% last chance bait and tackle matt or megan the owner will help you out with everything you even want to know there very keen to what works and not they should own the lake and you will have better luck cause its realy slow right now i fish it daily bad timing but if you want to have any chance your better off renting a boat as in bass or striped bass two diffrant monsters and both require diffrent tackle if you want to up your chances just bring what you got into there store and they will get you going hope this helps

some striper are hitting top water and swimbaits thrown from shore but i fish for 7 hours and only hooked one striper.. LMB are still slow moving drop shot is the way to go for them. i caught one off a worm but i didnt even know he picked it up i just went to move to the next spot and had a little guy on the end..

good luck i think it needs another 3 weeks