Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightning trout 02/17

Default Lightning trout 02/17

ALRIGHT its here finally, i have heard so much about lightning trout. Everyone who has caught/seen or taste one of these bad boys has nothing but great things to say. Me like many others are probally wondering if the hype is really all its cracked up to be.

This year i set a series of goals for fishing and YUP!!!! lightning trout is one of them. I always miss it but NOT THIS YEAR.

So me and TROUT 1 decided to hit up stocking day, The plan was to meet at 5:30. That was the plan but honestly i was restless at night like a tweeker feinding, i was so excited. I ended up going to the lake at 2am. At 5:30 i called TROUT 1 to see where he was at, the guy was still asleep trying to act like he wasnt late lol. Anyway after sitting in my car waiting all night in freezing temps the gate opened. YES!!! i went and got a boat rental and waited for TROUT 1. he arrived around 6:30.

We Chilled at our spot near the damn for a while waiting like little kids for the lunch truck to arrive. I cant remember exactally the time it finally did all though i am thinking it was around 9am. Everyone stopped fishing and just starred at the stock tube while those bad boys came down. One guy across the lake screamed non stop "we want a big one" every lake has to have that annoying person. here is a pic of the boats in the water hitting up the lightings, It was cool being next to buddies from NEWPORT LANDING.

As for us, it was great these fish were hungry, I could have went with a lure but it just seemed to easy so i went with DROP SHOT worm using DREWS CUSTOMS, color CHARTRUSE PEPPER FLAKE..... man this was a great choice. TROUT 1 used DREWS CUSTOMS with BITE ON GARLIC and i believe he mainly used BLACK, another great choice for the day. These guys were on one, And boy they are fun to bring in. When you see them jump or surface the color is overwhelming to see. I guess i would describe it like a trout and a Koi made a love child. here is a pic of them while in the water.

We ended up leaving early since i limited out early, THIS IS A GOOD THING!!!. Here is a pic of me and TROUT 1 with out beuttiful lightnings.

here is a better pic of mine that i captured when i got home. My favorite was not the big one but second biggest due to a beuttiful hook jaw.

OHHHHH YEAAHHH!!!!! i almost forgot.. TASTE, well i havent had a chance to cook them up yet although look at this color in the pic below. TROUT 1 you can skin and filet a trout better than anyone i know.

NOW ITS YOUR TURN!!!! please post your stories of them, i would love to hear it.

BAIT OF DAY-DREWS CUSTOM WORMS
    COLORS- BLACK,ORANGE,CHARTRUSE with PEPPER FLAKE
    SCENT- BITE ON GARLIC
    LOCATION- DAMN
    G O O D L U C K and T I G H T L I N E S,
    jumpman

Dude! first off let me say GREAT report!!! honestly this is the best report i have read. It was a great day indeed!!! It was my frist time for lightnings too! I will be back next year for them...and maybe again in the next few days! Chartruse w/pepper was the best color of the day along with the others listed! Sorry i was late man...lol!! Corona gets better and better every time i go...i cant bash it anymore, i have redeemed myself!!! haha!! The shoreline was packed!! I think the boaters were doing way better!! And your right about that hookjaw that thing was SICK!!!! Thanks again Jason!! great times!

Andrew
    Drew's Custom Baits
    [IMG]http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/DrewbaitWHITE-1.jpg[/IMG]

Great report guys, I am so jealous, Sometimes I wish I didnt have a job to go to, so I could be out there during the week. I think maybe next week I might be gettin sick. It is so hard to be at work, 15 minutes away from the lake and knowing the fishing is off the hook! Pure torture!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phishin phool View Post
    Great report guys, I am so jealous, Sometimes I wish I didnt have a job to go to, so I could be out there during the week. I think maybe next week I might be gettin sick. It is so hard to be at work, 15 minutes away from the lake and knowing the fishing is off the hook! Pure torture!!!!
    Ahhh bro I hear ya, but that's the endless circle. No work, no money for fishing. Anyway if you happen to catch that swine and can't go to work hit me up, maybe I can join ya. Take care bro

WOWWOWEEWOW!! Great report guys glad to see you guys got out there for these puppy's beautiful pictures BTW and congrats on the first lighting's

TKO13

Nice going guys . Congrats on your limits .

good lob............

Quote Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
    . here is a pic of the boats in the water hitting up the lightings, It was cool being next to buddies from NEWPORT LANDING.

[/IMG]jumpman

It was definately a good day on the water, I was on the newport boat... Anything with Bite-on that hit the water was bit almost instantly. I had better luck on bright colors, but almost anything worked.

Corona lake report of the season, very niceeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Corona lake report of the season, very niceeeeeeeeeee
    thats what im sayin man!! this report is legit!
    [IMG]http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/DrewbaitWHITE-1.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast