Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T/o -patrick -afterwork-bows-spots-fulltails

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    Yes the res is very low right now, they have done this three yrs in a row just before the derby ,i dont know why ,but there were alot of extra dwp trucks hangin around,what do you think ,,,,,x,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I don't know man I try to stay away from that area durring the derby, not really in to the crowds. But I did here that they lost alot of fish at one of the alpers fish ponds because of the cold weather. So they won't be stocking alpers for the derby or even the opener locals say that it won't be untill the summer

Friday before the derby has been really good to me. After 3:00 pm Saturday, you can have the place to yourself again. Last year sat. evening was my best trip to the res. ever. Bishop is crowded but fun for Blake Jones. I'm in for life. good fishin!

Default pvr trout

simijab the fish ponds are fine i know a couple of the old guys that raise and hold fish for alpers,,,alpers and inyo county and the chamber of commerce are getting along real well so the fish get sold to other places, its been going on for 3 or 4 yrs now, you use to be able to fish the res a month before the derby and catch alot of nice alpers ,most all the stock now are some of the small benton alpers fish, they wont pay him what he wants so he isnt cutting lose with the trophy fish , if you saw one of the ponds and all the monsters in there you would freak, i did the first time i walked around it and checked out the contents, it was sick as ****,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    simijab the fish ponds are fine i know a couple of the old guys that raise and hold fish for alpers,,,alpers and inyo county and the chamber of commerce are getting along real well so the fish get sold to other places, its been going on for 3 or 4 yrs now, you use to be able to fish the res a month before the derby and catch alot of nice alpers ,most all the stock now are some of the small benton alpers fish, they wont pay him what he wants so he isnt cutting lose with the trophy fish , if you saw one of the ponds and all the monsters in there you would freak, i did the first time i walked around it and checked out the contents, it was sick as ****,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,
    Thats good to here man. I talked to one of the guys at a tackle shop. I go to the same one every time and he usually steers me in the right direction, but you know how rumors are. I'm up there about 7 to 10 times a year I love it there I wish I had as much time to get up there as you. Thanks for the info

T/O way to slay as always... I'm hoping to get up there soon myself.. have had a couple weekend trips planned over the last month or so that have falling through....

T/O, where you at PVR this past thursday, the 24th? I saw someone with a 57 sweatshirt on and thought it may have been you.

Default trout

me and my son patrick hit the fishing hole for a little while we were on the mountain bikes,it saves 40 to 45 minutes instead of walking ,next trip if the water is still low we are going to hit on the other side of the ramp for deeper water, theres still tagged fish worth up to 500 bucks in there and the upper river near town,patrick wants one bad ,i got two last year,,,,,,,,free dinner and tackle you cant beat that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,

Nice lookin fish there!

very nice trout ,what caught the browns?

Default pvr

the browns were caught on crickets,,,,,,,and crawler bits,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast