Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hand painted lures

Default Hand painted lures

ok so i recently started painting my own lures. i order unpainted lures and paint them

these or my first attempt's. they are 100% hand brush painted. it is obvious i borrowed some color patterns from some popular Rapalas and i know those colors work (gold and black/ silver and black).

The pink one was the first one i painted and i have already caught a trout on it while trolling at the vine and i was very confident that it would. but im not sure about the other ones so im just asking for all your guys opinions and advice on the color patterns i have made and maybe what i should try next

nice job bro....they would work for sure out here.

thanks man.

The lures look sweet bro! I would add a orange one too your arsenal. The ones you already painted look like vine specials to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    The lures look sweet bro! I would add a orange one too your arsenal. The ones you already painted look like vine specials to me.
    yea thanks man i wanted to make an orange one but at the time i made those i only had a basic set of 6 colors. black, silver, white, blue, yellow, and red.

i tried very hard to mix my own green and my own orange but i was not to successful. the green on the yellow one is the closest i could get to a nice regular green and even the yellow on that one is a mixed color. i guess true yellow is much darker then you think i had to add white to it to get that yellow

Thisfool,

2 patterns that should be in EVERY lure manufacturer's color palette, but for some strange absurd reason, they are not.

1. Silverside Smelt

2. Threadfin Shad

These are the primary forage fish for most lakes in SoCal...yet, LuckyCraft seems to be the only company that has made a legitimate threadfin shad pattern (No, "Sexy Shad" is not a threadfin pattern, try harder) and they only released that color scheme late last year, and on a limited number of models.

Along with;
    Baby Bass, Baby Striper, Trout, Blue gill, Perch & Crappie just to name a few.... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Thisfool,

2 patterns that should be in EVERY lure manufacturer's color palette, but for some strange absurd reason, they are not.

1. Silverside Smelt

2. Threadfin Shad

These are the primary forage fish for most lakes in SoCal...yet, LuckyCraft seems to be the only company that has made a legitimate threadfin shad pattern (No, "Sexy Shad" is not a threadfin pattern, try harder) and they only released that color scheme late last year, and on a limited number of models.

Very nice, I wish I had the patience to do that.

rapala hot steel color works killer

cool thanks for the ideas guys

but im having a bit of trouble finding the silver-side smelt i googled it and like a million different pics came up and not enough of one for me to say that is a silver side smelt

the baby bass, crappie and tabby striper are all great ideas but not sure if they are good trout troller colors

and great idea about the hot steel color as soon as i get in my next batch of blank lure boddies that will be one of the first ones i paint.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast