Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dropping Nets @ So Cal Piers this Month

Call me CRAZY but im going fishing and Netting on saturday (day and night)and wont be leaving till sometime sunday, hopefully i nail me some bugs in this storm, it should to be intense rain on saturday.... ill post pictures...

good luck were you going
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Ticketz View Post
    Call me CRAZY but im going fishing and Netting on saturday (day and night)and wont be leaving till sometime sunday, hopefully i nail me some bugs in this storm, it should to be intense rain on saturday.... ill post pictures...

oceanside lot 12, im guessing that there will be nice sized bugs off those rocks since not many people fish there for them except the divers..

The parking lot you can camp out and then fish all you want, I wrote about this are once before, i didnt catch SHAIT, and the people i saw said they NEVER seen anyone catch fish... thats amazing to me, since this looks like a very nice area, you got Surf, and the Bay in one...this time i hope there is FISH... and lobsters off those rocks... any idea what side of the rocks i should try 1st with my nets? Thanks"out in the rain"

Last edited by Famous Ticketz; 02-25-2011 at 10:16 PM.

went fishing in the above spot, and like i said before it completely sucked, i fished off the rocks, in the bay and the surf... NOTHING...after fishing all day we headed over to the oceanside pier about 7pm, it was starting to rain hard, we brought our rain gear just in case so it was fine.. I threw my nets off the pier and the first pull i got this Bug, i was excited, i went back to the van and got the big ice chest hoping for a big night, it was raining, hailing, wind, high tide was coming in, and the waves were big, everything except the full moon, well we fished until 3am , we caught 4 small sharks, in my nets i got an octopus, a shrimp, the ONE Lobster some small crabs and like 25 large starfish and when we left i was frozen, the cold was very intense... But ill do the same ole thing tonight....

Way to go, congrats on your first bug.

went out and got completely skunked on Monday night (OS pier)

Ocean Beach pier last night. a whole lot of NOTHING

Great reports wish i would have read them earlier when in season, now i have to wait till the season opens this year to get some of that bug action.

crabs are still hot, venice is the spot for now, unless i hear different.. i got so much meat outta those 3, it was worth it...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast