Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dropping Nets @ So Cal Piers this Month

Anyone down to go out tonight? Its friday 9pm...

Try IB pier all the way to the end.......GL

Last Nights take from Venice Pier MMMmmmm... Had alot of Sheep Crabs, like the ones i got from Balboa, but those sucked, so I had to throw them back, along with many under sized one...

Hopefully someday Alaska King Crab make their way south to here but pretty doughtfull! I enjoyed some great trips on the socal piers some four years ago like you are now getting into but it is just to much work to get out the fruit!

Enjoy!

i enjoy going out netting and fishing with my friends, you never know what you will pull up, this weekend im thinking oceanside.. or OB piers

All i've ever caught brought up off the piers is Spider Crabs and swimmer crabs. I saw a lobster once, a guy snagged it, only lobster i've ever seen.

The guy kept the lobster, DFG nabbed him like 20 minutes later, found it in his duffle bag. Let the good times roll :P

edit: Piers = Newport, Balboa, Redondo
    Last edited by Swank909; 02-23-2011 at 04:59 PM.

yea im tossing back all the spider crabs from now on, 1st off they really ugly and alot of work to get the meat out of...

Foumous, next time you go out bro and need some company hit me up. I don't mind doing some hooping. I have eclipes nets and I know a thing or two hahaha plus i just wanna get out of the house since I dont have a boat anymore. I live in Oceanside dude

it wont let me edit for some reason, i dont have a boat either, i think i may hoop off harbor bay this weekend, you know just north of the OS pier at the jettys... i want to hoop off the rocks and fish, and BBQ and Bon Fire all weekend you know

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Ticketz View Post
    it wont let me edit for some reason,
    Go advanced first

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast