Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dropping Nets @ So Cal Piers this Month

Default Dropping Nets @ So Cal Piers this Month

I have always wanted to go Hoop netting and catch Lobsters and Crabs, Just never did... This year im going to Net alot until the season closes, this weekend i plan on checking out Newport Beach to Oceanside Piers, any recommendations? I will post pictures like I always have on the other board... thanks again

on second thought i might just go to mission bay

Good idea! Not sure it this place is still good, but waaaaaaaaaay back in the mid-60's I did some summer work on both the DFG's boats in San Pedro. In one day, we netted enough crab to fill a 55-gallon barel!! Cookie steamed onboard, and we had tons of crab cocktail that night for diner!! Oh yeah! The boats were tied up near 22nd St. Landing ... Just a thought! No 'bus' though!

Tom
    over and out

In regards to Oceanside.
    I've seen guys drop the nets along the jetty leading into the harbor.
    Were they successful, I didn't wait to see if they caught anything.
    Whatever you decide, Good Luck,
    Robert
    <><

thanks, i think im going to mission bay, a place we call mariners point, fiesta island, south shores if any one can get me a good heads up spot i plan on catching that entire area sunday...

Keep in mind on a pier you can have only 2 nets and no fishing poles.
    Or 1 net and 1 pole, and your lobster card must be filled out before you start.
    DR

Mission Bay on Sunday sucked, we got there about 7am fished all over started at the mouth of the bay,we set out our lobster hoops quickly, fished for a bit then noticed our trap bobbers had sunk, w t f? thats what i get for being nice zip tie the excess rope so it dont float all over... then off through out the bay to crown point, didnt even get a hit all day, didnt even see any shore fishermen or other boaters get any hits...about 2:30 the tie was coming in strong, we decided to head back toward the mouth again, and what do i see, the bobbers staring at me, we swung by and picked them up, no bait was missing... we started fishing again, Hits asap on the dead fish we got from the barge.. a 24 inch halibut, a 12 inch bass and a couple other hits that got away, had 3 poles hitting at once, then we must have drifted off the spot, then the hits stopped... by know it was after 4pm and had to go..

i plan on going netting on friday, if it's not going to rain, do you think the lobsters will be biting?..

lobster move around more when it rain making them easer to catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Ticketz View Post
    i plan on going netting on friday, if it's not going to rain, do you think the lobsters will be biting?..

went out last night to Balboa Pier, caught alot of small ones , but two great BIG ones..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast