Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hansen Dam Fishing

Default Hansen Dam Fishing

So I went out to Hansen Dam last week the day after they stocked on 2/2/11 and was surprised to see that it was pretty empty. They only stocked 250lbs as they normally have been doing for the past year or so. I usually see the regs out there limiting by noon or so and heading home with a decent size stringer.

07:00 Got there set up 1 rod for sum Garlic powerbait the other for me to jig a Powermouse
    07:15 Get my first bite on powerbait preferably garlic scented one will do the trick and farm my first Fish which was about a pound i would say
    07:30 Get another bite on powerbait (still no action on the powermouse) and now I have my second fish
    I thought my luck was going good but guess again it just suddenly dies down and no action for the next couple of hours
    09:15 I get hammered on the powermouse (chartreuse with natural color worm) land my biggest one a nice 2.5lb Rainbow
    09:45 Get hit again on the powermouse but nuthin (they were wanting more movement then still baits until about 1:00 pm)
    10:30 Lake is quiet no action slowed down because the sun was beaming really hard DFG shows up and checks everybodys stuff 2 people get slammed for no license fishing & have to leave
    11:00 My next 2 fish were caught instantly right after another also again on the powermouse this time garlic head and pink trout worm

They should be stocking em again next week Gluck Guyz
    Get em befo the Birds do

Thanks for the report. Nice work.

They stocked today around 945 or so, nothing much to brag about lots of smaller trout, not even big enough for a decent filet. Caught one right off the bat once in the water then later a bass which I think I've hooked before. My buddy showed up said here snap a picture of the trout he just caught, as my camera took the picture he moved told him I do believe the fish is bigger LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mixture 119.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	28560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mixture 106.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	28561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mixture 117.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	28562  

i think that bass likes being caught by you on a regular basis. but you need to stop harrassing him already...

OH HELL looks who's talking!!! tried calling you yesterday but something's up with your phone, meeting tonight you going? call me

they usually put a couple of decent fish in there (KEYWORD COUPLE) LoL :) but the rest are all munchkins biggest prolly a pound or so
    but as always we slay em when we go out there

Gluck on the water

Get em Befo the Birds Do

"Get em Befo the Birds Do"

now that was the funny part this one bird got one and left it sitting on the cement dock and pecked at it a bit not sure what it was waiting for when a bigger bird flew over got close to it looked at the other bird as to say "what F'er" and swooped the trout up and gone down the throat. I was sort of funny watching the trout flop around in that birds throat.

Those dang birds there like trout eating machines especially when they come around where I'm fishing they deserved to get

they were stocking Santa Fe Dam yesterday as well but there was nothing of any real size coming out of the chute that I could see, there was even a little 4 inch one swimming around the boat launch all dazed and confused. I guess DFG is more interested in feeding the birds than maintaining a healthy population of fish.

Thx for the heads-up Josh about Santa Fe Dam and @ the DFG my dad always tells me the same thing they only stock them for the birds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast