Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Long Beach Pier J Feb 5/6 2011 Video Report

Default Long Beach Pier J Feb 5/6 2011 Video Report

I was hanging out at Pier J public fishing area sun and mon at lunchtime and probably saw you. Lol.
    Have not seen much going on there. Thnx for the report.
    DR

Hi KarlKrger,

I thought that area was off limits to parking ? Before tickets were being written. No no-parking signs ? Wouldn't be too hard to launch a tube with the right stretch of rock/shelf.

JapanRon

Hey Karl,
    Thanks for the info and video,
    Robert
    <><

ya your right... but its i think like 10pm to 5 am you cant park. but you can park there any other time. you whould be able to lauch a tube out there.. im thinking of it but yet you can launch a lot of places at beaches
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanRon View Post
    Hi KarlKrger,

I thought that area was off limits to parking ? Before tickets were being written. No no-parking signs ? Wouldn't be too hard to launch a tube with the right stretch of rock/shelf.

JapanRon

Quote Originally Posted by JapanRon View Post
    Hi KarlKrger,

JapanRon
    Free Parking right on the water. That spot is actually a nice place to hang out. I have friends that launch Yaks there. It can get crowded on nice weekends. Take the 710 all the way past the Queen Mary then stay to the right (don't go over the bridge) take Harbor Scenic (right) under the bridge. The outhouses are all gangsta graffiti and not really suitable for ladies.

The afternoon breeze blows from PV offshore at that spot. The fishing kinda sucks unless you hook a Thresher or WSB. The rest of the time is YFC and Lizards, Macs.

Thought about balloon fishing there cause the wind would blow it away from the rocks.
    Good spot on blown out windy days for casting.

Long Beach Video.

Quote Originally Posted by karlkrger View Post
    ya your right... but its i think like 10pm to 5 am you cant park. but you can park there any other time. you whould be able to lauch a tube out there.. im thinking of it but yet you can launch a lot of places at beaches
    Beach launching in the surf could spell disaster.

DR

Default was great in the 80s bonitas all day!!

yeah ..place is ok to fish to start out. was better back in the good ole days before the rig companies bought out the properties.. bubbles and feathers worked all day . but still a decent spot where u can literally tailgate party pr fish curbside and fish away all day without any $$ fees.... cant think too many any other so cal spots where u can do this!!! as for actual boat launch its 1/2 mile up behind hotels near 710 entrance $12 computerized gate entry

ya that is very true.... its a cool free place ot fish but there are a lot of rocks and you will get stuck a lot. unless you get real lucky. might be going back there this weekend to get some shad so i can do some surf fishing. either that or hit a pier

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post
    yeah ..place is ok to fish to start out. was better back in the good ole days before the rig companies bought out the properties.. bubbles and feathers worked all day . but still a decent spot where u can literally tailgate party pr fish curbside and fish away all day without any $$ fees.... cant think too many any other so cal spots where u can do this!!! as for actual boat launch its 1/2 mile up behind hotels near 710 entrance $12 computerized gate entry

A wierd man once said" alot of people like to climb mountains, I build stuff out of tooth picks."

cool report.
    best macrel report I have ever seen. maybe this is how all fishing reports should be done.

hell ya.. thanks man..

Quote Originally Posted by lovefofish View Post
    A wierd man once said" alot of people like to climb mountains, I build stuff out of tooth picks."

cool report.
    best macrel report I have ever seen. maybe this is how all fishing reports should be done.