Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: el dorado park ?

Default el dorado park ?

My buddy and Me are takeing some senior citizens that stay atmy buddys work its a retirement home fishing tomorrow does anyone know when it was last stocked or if there is any panfish bite there anything?

Per DFG.

For the Week of 1/23/2011
    County Water
    Los Angeles Alondra Park lake (Map It)
    Los Angeles Belvedere Park lake (Map It)
    Los Angeles Cerritos Park lake (Map It)
    Los Angeles Downey Wilderness Park Lake (Map It)
    Los Angeles Echo Park lake (Map It)
    Los Angeles El Dorado Park lakes (Map It)
    Los Angeles Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area (Map It)
    Los Angeles La Mirada Lake (Map It)
    Los Angeles lake in Hollenbeck Park (Map It)
    Los Angeles Lincoln Park lake (Map It)
    Los Angeles MacArthur Park Lake (Map It)
    Orange Carr Park lake (Map It)
    Orange Centennial Regional Park lake (Map It)
    Orange Eisenhower Park lake (Map It)
    Orange Greer Park lake (Map It)
    Orange Huntington Central Park lake (Map It)
    Orange Laguna Lake (Map It)
    Orange Mile Square Regional Park lake (Map It)
    Orange Ralph Clark Regional Park lake (Map It)
    Orange Tri-City Park lake (Map It)

Give it a try for trout even though they stocked last week. I've gone a few times in the last year on the week after stocking and still caught some. Try the south end of the big lake and try various spinners, kastmasters, trout worms, and powerbait. I know it sounds vague but they r tougher to find on week 2 of stocking.

You might find bass too, but I haven't fished for bass there recently to giv ya any info.

thanks for the info i think we will have to be in a wheel chair assesable area any info
    Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Give it a try for trout even though they stocked last week. I've gone a few times in the last year on the week after stocking and still caught some. Try the south end of the big lake and try various spinners, kastmasters, trout worms, and powerbait. I know it sounds vague but they r tougher to find on week 2 of stocking.

You might find bass too, but I haven't fished for bass there recently to giv ya any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    thanks for the info i think we will have to be in a wheel chair assesable area any info
    that would be the south end of the big lake (Area 3). You'll have to push over some grass to get to the edge but the edge is concrete and the parking is closer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    that would be the south end of the big lake (Area 3). You'll have to push over some grass to get to the edge but the edge is concrete and the parking is closer there.
    Josh is correct. Here is a screen capture of where you want to park and fish.

The yellow X's show the walk way which is where you will find trout, even the week after a trout plant. The Red X to the right is the Rest Rooms. To get to the big lake you will be driving thru a tunnel under E. Wardlow Rd.

Hope that helps!

BTW, Be sure to bring some camera's too. There are several Ospreys at the El Do lakes.

Hope u all have fun!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    WTG on the # 1000 Post
    DR

Eldo has four lakes, all contain fish. Wheelchair accessiblility for lake 2. lake 3 has cement around the lake, you just need to go thru the grass to get there. Not a long distance though.
    Avoid Lake 2! There are NO fish in there! LOL j/k Lake 2 is really difficult so Id avoid it.
    Lake 1 and 3 have some cool size pan fish. All four lakes have decent size catfish

The concrete sidewalk around Lake 3 isn't exactly in the best condition for a wheelchair. There are either sections missing or severely damaged. But, I do think the city is repairing some sections.

thanks for all the help we just back and the seniors had a lot of fun we didnt catch anything but they were happy to be outdoors at a park

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast