Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T Solo Recon........WSB in February?!?

Default S.W.A.T Solo Recon........WSB in February?!?

Okay,
    Where do I start!?
    I went to balance my checkbook yesterday and saw that the IRS had put a levy hold on my business account…
    It was after 4:00 back East and I had to wait until this morning to get things figured out.
    Needless to say, I got no sleep last night. So at 5:30 this morning I was on the phone with the IRS and got things all taken care of, in my favor…
    I was so mentally wiped out that I said, “the hell with it, I’m going fishing for a couple of hours”.
    I arrived at Carlsbad at around 10:30. Keep in mind, I didn’t check any reports or anything. When I arrived this is what I arrived to,

WOW, LOOKS SWEET!!

I started to throw a LC 110 in Anchovy and after 20 minutes a landed this little piggy,

It measured out at 10”. My PB is 10”…oh well.

After another 10 minutes I get “Slammed”! It starts tearing away line at a high rate and I’m just thinking, “hope my drag is set right”.
    It goes left, it goes right and it goes straight out. The whole time I’m just chillin and thinking just relax. I would gain 10 to 15 yards and it would take back 15 to 20...GEEZ!!
    After about 7 or 8 minutes I see it’s dorsal fin come out of the water but I don’t know what it is, then it makes one last run for freedom, “ Not today Poseidon”.
    I bring it back to the surf and I see it’s a possible legal White Sea Bass…

I put it down on the shore, take out my camera and tape and get a measurement,

UGHHHH!! 27 inches, Mannn, it was so close. It was still my PB and I was darn proud of it…

After a quick little break for a re-tie and LC inspection I start tossing into the surf again. It would be another half hour before I get hit again, but I know a perch tap when I feel it, BUT WAIT, why is it pulling my line out a little?!?

12”, Wahoo, another PB!! Sweet, 2 in one day...

After another 30 minutes and with time running out, I feel that good ol’ reliable “thump”,

16 inches, oh well, it turned out to be a very productive 2 ½ hours. 3 species, 2 PB’s and a Blessed Day Indeed.
    Take Care All,
    Robert
    <><

Sweet... i might try to throw some lc's at the shore from boat this year for fun they attract a lot of life. Glad the irs didn't hold you up for a long time

Very nice! Way to make the best of a situation, nothing a little fishing can't fix :P

DAMM - you're the master Rob!!!

WTG bud !!!

Nice job on the WSB from the surf.

Congrats on the croaker Robert!

Robert,

Way to fend off big gov and then go out and have a PB x 2 day!

Look forward to hitting it with you again!
    Last edited by flyngby; 02-03-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Nice dude, to bad I was busy today

Awesome Robert!! I bet those King Harbor bonita are the last thing on your mind now!! heheheee
    Looking forward to our next SWAT assult brother!

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Sweet... i might try to throw some lc's at the shore from boat this year for fun they attract a lot of life. Glad the irs didn't hold you up for a long time
    Hey Chris,
    I tried throwing from the boat and didn't get anything, except almost beached.
    I hate the IRS!!!
    Robert
    <><

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast