Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More 14-20 pound lunkers coming next week

Default More 14-20 pound lunkers coming next week

All,
    Just talked to Dave Noyes, and he confirmed another load of the big 14-20 pounders [maybe a few bigger] are going into the lake next week, just in time for the President's Weekend holiday.
    Also, if you see Marlon Meade or one of the Pro Team members walking around, have them show you the new "secret" baits: Mice Tails and Pinched Crawlers.

so are these fish gonna get stocked still?

Quote Originally Posted by the killa fish taco View Post
    so are these fish gonna get stocked still?
    Yes, confirmed it with Dave this morning.
    Sometime between today and Friday evening, along with a batch of 7-10 pound steelhead.
    Bring a big net!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Carson View Post
    Sometime between today and Friday evening, along with a batch of 7-10 pound steelhead.
    Bring a big net!
    where are all those steelheads at?

didnt see any steelheads over 3 lbs....

All,
    Just talked to Dave Noyes, and he confirmed another load of the big 14-20 pounders [maybe a few bigger] are going into the lake next week, just in time for the President's Weekend holiday.
    Also, if you see Marlon Meade or one of the Pro Team members walking around, have them show you the new "secret" baits: Mice Tails and Pinched Crawlers.
    ? Does anyone know if this ever happened. Only (1 DD CAUGHT IN 3 WEEKS) with a (3 day tourney) I for one think something is fishy and I don't think it was the stocking. Is there or was there a stocking video for these fish or did this order get delayed, canceled or just didn't materialize.

irvine is a good lake but this ALWAYS happens.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerandy16 View Post
    irvine is a good lake but this ALWAYS happens.
    (At the risk of upsetting a sponsor whom I like a lot...)

We learn that certain vehicles of communication are reliable while others are, well, not so much and must be taken with the proverbial grain of salt. Those big fish do not rapidly disperse and more than one should have been tagged by now.

All,
    Im a bit confussed. The orignal thread said "going into the lake next week". In a another response it said "between today and friday". I was planning on heading out there on friday. Are fish being stocked this week?

old news..."President's Weekend holiday" still plenty left to catch though...

Bring a big net!
    LOL..."between today and Friday" was based on 2-16-11 which is a couple Fridays ago. This is why I'm leary of stocking claims by these lakes, unless they video like Corona. The Corona bite is always good which makes sense because of the amount of fish they put in there. If I owned a lake and was bragging about doing big plants of quality fish, I would want it to be videotaped. It takes the potential "shadyness" out of the equation.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast