Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faitmount Trout

Quote Originally Posted by tree View Post
    pretty cool that you saw me. i was barely there for an hour and a half. good timing :D
    What time were you there? And what part of the lake were you fishing?

2. Default

Walked the shore yesterday, tossing a spinner bait and a jerkbait. No hits. Did see one carp, one rainbow, and one small largemouth landed by other anglers. They hadn't stocked it yet, as of yesterday. Still super muddy.

Thanks for the scouting report. Those anglers were keeping the fish, or they just told you their catch? I still believe the PH levels will not clear up until March at least.

The DFG website says theyre stocking this week. I wonder if the trout will bite even in murky water.

5. Default

Carp was laying on the sidewalk when I went by, dude was putting it on a stringer.
    The little bass was released, and the trout was kept.

Funny thing was, both the trout guy and the bass guy were apologetic about keeping the fish (the bass guy said he kept an 18'' largemouth earlier, but would let this one go) with me even asking them about c&r.

Quote Originally Posted by tree View Post
    I was at Fairmount on the 4th and 5th for a couple hours each day throwing a 6" Lunker Punker, so maybe Mr. Pudd saw me fishing. asian guy with a black jacket and blue jeans.
    Sure it wasn't me, the other asian guy in the black jacket and blue jeans? LOL I was at the dock doing some stink bait casting.

I was there this morning from 9 to 1030 and managed to hook up on two dfg stockers. Don't know how to post pics,they were small anyway. One was half a pound the other was a pound.

i was there this morning for a quick sesion but didnt even get a bite o well next time

New to the location. What bait have you guys been using? I tried garlic loaded anchovies and shrimp mixed with cheese, and got ferocious feeding action but no solid hook (not using treble for clean catch & release). Can't get the cats to take on the stinkiest chicken liver in the larger lake. Might have to try the smaller lake, or the smallest lake.

Oh, anyone know the depths for all the Lake Evans' (from the biggest to the smallest)? I read the article about the 2008 dredging, which increased the depth to an addition 7 feet. So..what's the total depth in the middle and along the banks?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12