Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hesperia Lake Jan 30, 2011

Default Move

Karl:

Thanks for the effort in your video reports at Hesperia. I suggest you move around. I have yet to see that side of the lake produce......

Don't be afraid to drop shot and use short leaders! I been fishing that lake solid this month and its been awesome. I used to fish that lake alot until ,they shut the water down. Now that is back the fishing is back. Already two ten pounders, and have been getting about 12 fish a trip. They key is short leader, no more than
    8". its not really a bait lake.........working plastics produces 90% of my fish. Don't cast to far either. as far as bait goes.....bright colors with scent....lots of scent. I like the "Bite on garlic" and the "Yum" garlic ail. Talk to Pete in the morning he knows what's working and where.

well ive been to north shore and shunked it 3 times in a row. thats a lot of shunk there.. lol..i found a spot of the lake that i really like. i want to try the far far north end of the lake. over by were that tree caught fire on sunday. lol some dumb *** threw a smoke in the tree stump and it caught fire. it was dumb. fire dept came. i have to chill on the fishing because money is not what i like seeing right now. cant afford to fish. i got all the baits and what ive been doing is offering to drive some of the buddies. pick them up and drop them off. and they are nice enough to pay. but either way wont be doing any fishing anytime soon that i can see in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Daddy View Post
    Karl:

Thanks for the effort in your video reports at Hesperia. I suggest you move around. I have yet to see that side of the lake produce......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bendo View Post
    Don't be afraid to drop shot and use short leaders! I been fishing that lake solid this month and its been awesome. I used to fish that lake alot until ,they shut the water down. Now that is back the fishing is back. Already two ten pounders, and have been getting about 12 fish a trip. They key is short leader, no more than
    8". its not really a bait lake.........working plastics produces 90% of my fish. Don't cast to far either. as far as bait goes.....bright colors with scent....lots of scent. I like the "Bite on garlic" and the "Yum" garlic ail. Talk to Pete in the morning he knows what's working and where.
    ya for sure.... damn thats dope that your getting those 10 lbs. ive been trying to land something big but biggest was a 3 so far. i catch a lot of fish but nothing of great size. the one that ended up biting so hard the other day and taking my pole whould have been nice but i didnt get a chance to hook it because well i was saving my pole from the water. lol ... ya ill for sure be out there soon but when money gets better

yeh your right it was realy windy didnt catch **** that day but gona keep trying next time put me in the video lol
    see you ther next time bud

maybe they are getting full of rocks....
    maybe try drop shotting a rock on a size 18 treble.......

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleSlayer View Post
    maybe they are getting full of rocks....
    maybe try drop shotting a rock on a size 18 treble.......
    Good ol fashioned Rockshot!

Been fishing here a lot lately iv had the best numbers here compared to my year at all the other lakes lnl corona irvine etc. Iv been getting them on split shot chart/shad powerworms. But iv also seen drop shot fisherman killin as well.

ya for sure. there are so many different ways to fish and its fun trying to figure out what there biting on
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    Been fishing here a lot lately iv had the best numbers here compared to my year at all the other lakes lnl corona irvine etc. Iv been getting them on split shot chart/shad powerworms. But iv also seen drop shot fisherman killin as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12