Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice Rainbow Trout Limit @ DVL

Default Nice Rainbow Trout Limit @ DVL

I have been meaning to upload this report, however, there has not been enough time to post it.

Recently, my friend and I went to DVL for some fishing when we noticed a ton of Trout move into the shallows early in the morning. We decided to spot fish them among the structure with Powerbait dough on ultralight rods. Within the first ten minutes, we caught 3 Trout, but they were not just any other trout, but beautiful Rainbow Trout!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DVL Trout 2.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	28295

Each Trout was large, bright, and healthy, ranging at least 1-2lbs each. After catching three Trout, I landed a solid 7.08 lb Rainbow Trout which gave me a fun fight for five minutes.

At the end of the day, we reached our Trout limit, but unfortunately lost two fish because our 2lb-test leaders snapped at shore since we forgot a net. Oh well! DVL Marina took our report, but they wrote it down wrong, lol. We got posted in the Press Enterprise & Matthew's fishing report on Outdoornewsservice.com for a total of 10 Trout of 21lbs, however, the DVL employee wrote down the wrong weigh-in on their scale, which was actually 22.06lbs with 8 Trout!

Name:	DVL Trout 3A.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	28296

Name:	dvl trout total catch ALL.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	28297

Dinner was fantastic! They Rainbow Trout tasted so good and the meat was actually orange. I have a question for your Trout guys: "Is it normal for Rainbow Trout to have orange meat?" All the trout I have cleaned have been more of a pink colored meat.

Enjoy the report and the pictures!

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

Here is the link to the fishing report:

http://www.pe.com/sports/outdoors/st...3.116799a.html

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

those are some nice fish!

Maybe these trout were planted from Jess Ranch. Their meat is very pink/red and taste absolutely great!

Great job from shore, good to see some trout reports.

Nice fish! Since my boat has a 2 stroke I haven't fished DVL. I guess I am going to have to give the shore a try. Great job.

I uploaded the pictures to a new album. You can check out the pics here: http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/album.php?u=37724

DVL has planted Mt. Lassen trout in the past. Those would probably be their "Sierra" rainbows. The colored meat is part cold water, mostly diet.

Marley,

Thank you for some great answers. I was thinking they might of been a type of Steelhead Rainbow Trout which is very close to the salmon family. My dad suggested it was the Trout's diet. I figured it was from the Sierra region, so thanks for this insight.

Great fight, no? I have to get out to DVL to fish. I've only been there once, took my parents on a drive one Sunday afternoon and wound up on overlook by the inlet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast