Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood

Default Silverwood

Does anybody know if the water level is up? If its not, I'll probably tube Puddingstone instead.

ya i have the same question

Last I heard Silverwood was back up. They drained the Aquaduct a couple of weeks ago to fish out stolen cars. They pulled 38 cars out between Main St in Hesperia and the end of the duct before it goes underground out into Summit Valley. The Aquaduct is full, it runs right behind my house, so I would think Silverwood would be up too.

Nope not back up. The water has been very slow to fill and now is stalled and might be on the way back down. The Aquaduct as of yesterday was dead, no flow and since I'm at Silverwood most days I can tell that the water has either stayed the same or is on the way back down.

I don't know why at this point they stopped filling it or when the lake will begin to fill again. I'll be out there again today and if I see it's back to filling again I'll post it.

I tubed there last weekend by the dock and it was low. However not as low as it has been.

water is by-passing silverwood right now and is being pumped into DVL

Quote Originally Posted by Rastavyb View Post
    I tubed there last weekend by the dock and it was low. However not as low as it has been.
    It was on the rebound for sure but stopped for some reason. I'm hoping that they started filling her back up today, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    water is by-passing silverwood right now and is being pumped into DVL
    Water may be flowing through Silverwood and going right back out but water cannot be by-passing Silverwood. That's probably what you meant just thought I'd clarify.

technically, you're correct seal. DVL is getting SWP water right now and that is where it comes from, coming in one end of silverwwood and leaving from the other.

Well i was out there today. WOW! I have never seen silverwood so low. Only had two bites while tubing and one bite when i was on shore. While on the tube i was flying most of the time. Other times i was throwing a kastmaster or drop shotting a power nymph. Metered only about 10-15 feet. This was my first time tubing. Glad that it wasn't windy or else i would have been in trouble. Hopefully the Wood will get filled up soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast