Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apollo park got stocked with quality fish today. Video 1-27-11

A while ago I baught these purple garlic sented robo worms.. i was wondering if anyone has ever caught a trout with one of these...

i was at apollo on sat and I caught a nice size trout.. Ive only been fishing for about 6 months now and it felt nice to catch that fish considering the last few times a apollo i got the big ole Skunk...

[QUOTE=Love to Fish;518953]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine_Michael View Post
    I had two fish in 2 casts using that shortened roboworm on a jig head trick this last stocking. And for the record, that 2# test is so important myth. I was using 6# Floroclear my last 2 trips there and left with a limit each time. Stringer pic.

Thats a nice stringer there. What color roboworms work well at apollo? The lure I was given was a neon green color and that seemed to work well.
    The hot color seems to vary from day to day or week to week, The time before that the hot color was black jerk-it's The day I got that stringer I couldn't get them to touch the black or purple worms I had I also tried pink and white. None of those worked, then later in the afternoon people around me started catching them on silver castmasters. My first three fish that day were caught on the 1/6 oz pearl Thomas Bouyant and then the bite died again. One of the other anglers started gettign them on a frog colored crappie jig, so I looked through my box and found a roboworm that had that same light green in it, broke off a 4" section and used that on the jig head. The color must have been what they wanted because I caught two fish in @ 5 min. Earlier in the mornig the only color they seemed to want was orange jerkits.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123