Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apollo park got stocked with quality fish today. Video 1-27-11

Default Apollo park got stocked with quality fish today. Video 1-27-11

Went out to Apollo park today to see what was biting today. Got there a bit late since I had to drop of my little one at school. Was there for about an hour when guess who shows up? The stocking truck, thats who. And of the place to dump the fish at, he parks right next to me and starts to set up. So much for a little R&R, before I know it, I fishing shoulder to shoulder. Oh well, it was cool. Met some cool people today and received some great advice. The county is actually stocking quality fish in Apollo, as you can see from the video and the Pictures. I talked to the guy on the truck and he said they were stocking a bit over 1500 lbs today. Also people had asked who the company was stocking the lake on my last post on FNN, so I made sure to take a look at the name this time. Its called Calaveras trout farm.

The trout didn't seem to be wanting the PB, so tried a few lures and nothing. Then this guy next to me who was slaying them told me to use of his lures. He let me have a green worm and jig head. Dipped it in some Bite on and it was on. (Thanks again bro for the lure. Owe you big time.) Over all it was a great day and hope to be out there again soon. Would go tomorrow but, my little one has a Dr's appointment. But wish you all the best of luck.

Truck chasers waiting.

Compare the fish to my foot. (I wear a size 11 1/2 ) Quality fish.

Total weight of the four fish, Minus the weight of the stringer.

Also here is a video of the musical road in Lancaster.

That musical road is tight. I would've tripped out if I didnt know what it was haha How long has that been there?

seeing those people mobbing the truck like that makes me wish they'd stock at night or early morning before the parks open. No wonder it's hard to catch anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaku$h View Post
    That musical road is tight. I would've tripped out if I didnt know what it was haha How long has that been there?
    From what I know, it was built in a different part of lancaster for a Honda commercial, but then people complained because of the noise and it was moved right by Apollo park on Avenue G. Check out the link it explains a bit further. But it's a cool thing. Tripped me out the first time I drove on it.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27251105/

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    seeing those people mobbing the truck like that makes me wish they'd stock at night or early morning before the parks open. No wonder it's hard to catch anything.
    I agree with you Josh 100%, the pic dosn't show the others behind me. LOL.

Wow.. Prob a 400lb plant. Fished out by closing today. Lol

I always drive over that. Always wondered what was the tune until now.

Did they have the DFG-PD rodeo roundup also?

Great report. Thanks for the update.

Look at all of them truck chasers!!!!! LOL

Nice quality fish though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast