Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lake Tahoe in April

Default Lake Tahoe in April

Hey Everyone,

I'll be taking a vacation in April and I'll be staying at Lake Tahoe. I've never fished there and I have no idea what it's like to fish there, what to bring, what to do, what to fish for? I'm a trout and bass guy. I'm going to be there a whole week and I would love to make the most of my fishing experience. If anyone would care to share some advice or tips, I would greatly appreciate it. I believe I will be located near the southwest part of the lake. Thanks!

If you can swing it, contact some fishing guides in the area. I'd like to troll for some Mackinaw Trout up there some day. Here is a link I found for some guides. http://www.boattahoe.com/guides.htm
    Good luck up there, post your report!

Thanks for the info. I did look up some information and came across some different guides. Seems like that's the best thing to do. Everything I looked up about fishing that lake always came back to getting a guide or trolling. Both are really not my thing but looks like I might be doing both. Never trolled for anything before so I wont knock it till I try. I did find some information about a lake near Tahoe called Fallen Leaf Lake. Has the same species of fish as Tahoe (Mackinaw, Rainbows, Browns), just on a smaller scale. They rent boats out, I just dont know how I could troll without any of that fancy looking downriggers and gear. I will definitely keep searching for more information and I will post a report when I get back. Its just around the corner.