Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Britton Crappie Late Report 7-23 w/pics

Smitty;

Nice to see ya on the boards again!

Hey, that lake is beautiful! Where is it?

nice report good job keepin it short and sweet.:lol: J/K

Default Re: Lake Britton Crappie Late Report 7-23 w/pics

i love that lake,i fished there a few times,there are tons of crappie,and smallies in there,i normally fish that little cove from the shore during the summer,and its WIDE on everything,large mouth,smallies,gills,crappi..and some squaw...i havent fished it in lke 4 years tho!

Quote Originally Posted by littletroutchaser
    ...i havent fished it in lke 4 years tho!
    Wow, really, 4 years ago. That'd be right about the time this report was originally posted...LMAO

I'm just kidding LTC. I had to though. I wanna catch some crappie with Smitty too.

One_Leg

NICE CATCH and lots of pics!!! The fish that your unsure of, is a squawfish. Im originally from Washington state and there a problem up there. They like to eat salmon eggs and fry. They have this deal up there where if you catch a squawfish over 12 inches, you can turn it in at special stations they have set up in most of the parks, and receive 2 dollars a fish. Not a bad deal. If you come across them, just toss them on the bank, thats what we do. Id rather catch a nice size salmon than one of those things. Again, good job NICE CATCH!!!

what a beautifull lake where is the lake... :?:

Sweeeeeet report Smitty! I would have LOVED 2 have been there. I luv dem crappie! And what a nice lake!

GM<><

I'm jealous&#46;&#46;&#46;haven't caught or eaten crappie in years&#46;&#46;&#46;love the little devils&#46; You guys are a bit behind on political correctness with the squawfish&#46; I grew up catching zillions of them where my parents live on Flathead Lake, Montana&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;we have caught some up to 8 lbs&#46; The have been renamed to the Northern Pikeminnow officially&#46; This is along the same lines of the JewFish in Florida which gets to 800 lbs&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;they were renamed Goliath Grouper in the interest of PC&#46; Squawfish are indeed good to eat, especially smoked, but they are extremely bony&#46;

Interesting as they still offer the bounty in Washington because when salmon fry are heading downstream squawfish,&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;excuse me northern pikeminnows&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;change to a diet of 100% salmon fry within a few days&#46; Yet if you go to Colorado you will find the Colorado Pikeminnow is on the endangered fish list&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;go figure&#46;

Have caught them on mepps, rapalas, etc&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;they are quite aggressive&#46;

Brian &#58;shock&#58;

Great catch guys!! God bless ya fer actually posting what you used and how ya used it to catch them slabbers&#46; Have yet to strike the motherload on ole slabsides cuz I can't find anything that works for me, hence the name &#58;) Keep up the good work and thanks for the info and pics!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12