Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Laguna Niguel Lake

Default Laguna Niguel Lake

Dont see too many posts about this place. Anyone got any information? Would like to get out there soon and would appreciate the 411, thanks in advance, if you want to keep it a secret thats cool too PM me.....

Made a trip to the 'ol LNL last Thursday. Caught the afternoon bite from 12-4.
    Overall, 3 trout. couple of bites missed. your best bet is fish the pipes or the flats. worms worms worms! those natives go cross-eyed over them lol

Water is still a bit off-colored. give it another week and the fishing will be a boomin' !

Luke

I would advise going latter part of the weekdays to beat the crowd. Shore fishing is pretty good even with the murky water, renting a boat is much better. The power mouse seems to work best, 2-4lb test.
    I say Go for It! It's a productive little lake, nice scenery, great management & staff, boat rentals is fairly priced. If you know the basics of urban trout fishing I can guarantee you will not leave with a stripe on your back. Fish size average2-3lb but I have witnessed some 6-8lb. My pb is 6.5. This week a 14+lb was reported in zone 3. The sierra bows put up a pretty good fight, the meat is tasty and is beautiful looking fish. If you need a little help with tackle or location the staff will be happy to help out a fellow fisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by hookon View Post
    Made a trip to the 'ol LNL last Thursday. Caught the afternoon bite from 12-4.
    Overall, 3 trout. couple of bites missed. your best bet is fish the pipes or the flats. worms worms worms! those natives go cross-eyed over them lol

Water is still a bit off-colored. give it another week and the fishing will be a boomin' !

Luke
    ...Natives? I think you meant hold-overs.. LNL is deep enough to sustain bows during summer?

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    LNL is deep enough to sustain bows during summer?
    I really don't think so, Irvine yes, LNL no.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    ...Natives? I think you meant hold-overs.. LNL is deep enough to sustain bows during summer?
    Correct, hold-overs.
    I don't think LNL gets enough oxygen to maintain them throughout the summer. If there's a spot or two where they might be is either the bubble or the dam.

Luke

I haven't seen too many posts about Laguna Niguel either. I remember seeing a Laguna Niguel Lake section at the start of the pay lake season but it mysteriously disappeared for some reason. I've been to LNL twice in the last three weeks or so and a few of my friends have gone a few other times after without me. On my first visit, I brought the kids and fished from shore. We caught a big fat skunk but it was still good to get out. My pockets felt bad though because I have 3 kids and LNL charges full price for kids! err! I blamed the skunk on our location because we got there late and were relagated to fishing over the reeds near the inlet due to the crowds. Everyone around me had no problems catching fish. I needed some redemption so I left the kids at home and myself and a few friends came armed with our float tubes the following week. We caught a few in the flats but we pretty much cleaned house towards the inlet area. Ironically near the same area I got skunked the previous week from shore. After metering the area, I now know why we weren't catching any fish the first time. We were casting in 2 to 3 feet of water when most of the fish were travelling down a channel that was about 5 to 6 feet deep. Just a tip, if you ever have to fish over the reeds near the inlet, do not cast more than 10 - 15 feet out! Needless to say, all three of us limited out by the end of the day using mini jigs, gulp worms in pink/orange, and a few on PB. The largest of the day was a 6 pounder that put up a nice fight and aerial display. We also caught two or three nice 4 pounders and the rest were between 2 and 3 pounds. Tight lines to all!